X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermarket throws out smelly customer

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...6908-21047450/

Found this one while rumaging around the internet yesterday, it's an old story so I apologizse if it's already been posted.

Bet Marla wishes she could do that...
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Really people...its a very simple concept (unless its A. after midnight and you are running to get something for your very pregnant wife or diapers for the baby OR B. you just got off work and its an establishment with a drive thru window) PLEASE take a shower before coming in. Other customers may be able to escape your scent, but the retail wage slaves cannot. And you also may scare away other business. Customers deserve to have a shopping experience in which their noses, eyes, ears, etc are not being accosted by horribly fat shirtless men, people who stink, and people who feel the need to swear like a wanna be gangsta. RETAIL WORKERS DESERVE THE SAME PRIVILEGES AS CUSTOMERS...WE ARE STILL HUMAN! For the love of god, follow these three rules, and retail will be a slightly more bearable experience.

THIS ALSO APPLIES TO CO-IRKERS!
      Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Quoth SteverinoNY! View Post
        Really people...its a very simple concept (unless its A. after midnight and you are running to get something for your very pregnant wife or diapers for the baby OR B. you just got off work and its an establishment with a drive thru window) PLEASE take a shower before coming in. Other customers may be able to escape your scent, but the retail wage slaves cannot. And you also may scare away other business. Customers deserve to have a shopping experience in which their noses, eyes, ears, etc are not being accosted by horribly fat shirtless men, people who stink, and people who feel the need to swear like a wanna be gangsta. RETAIL WORKERS DESERVE THE SAME PRIVILEGES AS CUSTOMERS...WE ARE STILL HUMAN! For the love of god, follow these three rules, and retail will be a slightly more bearable experience.

THIS ALSO APPLIES TO CO-IRKERS!
        not even that, she had manure on her clothes.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I'm willing to bet it wasn't manure. I'm willing to bet it was splashes of dirt/sand from hosing off the horse. I don't mind someone smelling like a (healthy) barn. I've been there, done that, and have several t-shirts. Hell, mom used to pick me up from the barn, drive to the market, get dinner, then we'd head home. It was easier than going home, waiting for me to shower, then going to the store, especially considering I usually rode after school, so it was already late by the time she picked me up.

Granted, I grew up in an agriculture-heavy area where you smell the local farms' "natural fertilizer" for four months out of the year, but we never once had a complaint.

And unless I'd been mucking out (which happened once a week, on the weekends, as part of learning how to care for barns/horses), there was no way I had manure on my boots. Even then, it was unlikely. You *know* there's a pile of crap in front of you, and you AVOID it at all costs. A well-kept barn doesn't have that much sitting around, and what little there is generally gets cleaned up pretty quickly for the health of the horses.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Bet Marla wishes she could do that...

Does anybody else have problems loading the Retail comic strip on Firefox?

For some reason the comic won't load on my computer on the Seattle P-I site. I can right-click and see it by choosing "view image" from the menu that pops up, but only after a few tries because Firefox calls it quits and brings up a "connection interrupted" error in the middle of showing it.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The only people that I will NOT give crap about going out in public smelling foul are the Amish.

Everyone else is fair game.

And this goes for at work, too. Take a fucking shower, preferably once per day.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Depends how bad the person reeks. I personallty do enjoy the horse smell, but not if it is all emcompassing.

I only shower every other day, and until my leg rebelled, walked an hour during lunch. If my cubemates don't like it, meh.

But there only a few stores I don't mind walking into all smelly and dirty....outfitters....they expect it
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Does anybody else have problems loading the Retail comic strip on Firefox?

For some reason the comic won't load on my computer on the Seattle P-I site. I can right-click and see it by choosing "view image" from the menu that pops up, but only after a few tries because Firefox calls it quits and brings up a "connection interrupted" error in the middle of showing it.

I don't have to worry about it. I get Retail emailed to me every day.
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                  X