X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "love story" of JD & Em

One sided e-mail correspondence between JD and his girlfriend, Em

Please note: When boyfriend tells you that he's going backpacking around Europe for 2 weeks, please pay attention to him. Also, if you can't get a hold of him, call his mom first, not his friends, and definitely don't send stupid e-mails.

That's hilarious.
    What a clueless twit.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Wow.

I just love that last emial from her, starting with "If you love me, don't..."

Last I checked, that's code for "I did something really stupid and I want to blame it on you if things get worse". Looks like the chain has yet to break >_>
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wait a second....aren't we ladies constantly accusing men of not listening?!
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Found all of the e-mails! link
          What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Definitely a funny story, but he seriously didn't call her once? Not once? Didn't check his email at all? I find that hard to believe...

My boyfriend went to Europe for 2 weeks a few years ago and he called and emailed me every chance he could even though he didn't bring his computer or a cell. I'd have been a wreck if he didn't at least call me to let me know he landed safely and was settled in at his hotel! And it didn't help that he had been flying from Greece to Edinburgh during the G8 Summit with a connecting flight in London, right when the bombings were happening, so obviously I heard from him a few times that day.

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
              Definitely a funny story, but he seriously didn't call her once? Not once? Didn't check his email at all? I find that hard to believe...
              He claims it was because of the ridiculous roaming charges he would have had to pay in Europe, so he never even had his cellphone turned on.

I thought it was odd that he didn't check in at all, even with his family.
              There are internet cafes, I'm sure, where he could pay per use to check emails.
              I guess, though, if the idea is to rough it across Europe by backpack, that means forgetting about everything.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                I thought it was odd that he didn't check in at all, even with his family.
                There are internet cafes, I'm sure, where he could pay per use to check emails.
                I guess, though, if the idea is to rough it across Europe by backpack, that means forgetting about everything.
                Honestly, I don't find it that odd. It's what I would do. I hate checking in with people, and I hate phones, even on the best of days. If I was backpacking through Europe for two weeks, no-one back home would hear from me the entire time.
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                  If I was backpacking through Europe for two weeks, no-one back home would hear from me the entire time.
                  I guess I'm different, because I would be thinking about my family back home worrying about me. I would feel that it would the courteous thing to do to check in occasionally and let them know I was OK.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                    I guess I'm different, because I would be thinking about my family back home worrying about me. I would feel that it would the courteous thing to do to check in occasionally and let them know I was OK.

All my friends up here think it's odd that I call home every day, but I know my folks, Mom especially, worry. 5 minutes a day isn't that much to give up to let her have some peace of mind.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post

All my friends up here think it's odd that I call home every day, but I know my folks, Mom especially, worry. 5 minutes a day isn't that much to give up to let her have some peace of mind.
                      Exactly. My mom's the same way. And I'm the same way too. Boyfriend knows my issues and calls me after any long trip, driving or flying. I'd be crying and freaking out if I didn't hear from him within an hour or two of his expected arrival time and would be just utterly inconsolable if I hadn't heard from him in 24 hours.

Now if I knew he was cut off from all technology, I'd be a little more reasonable, but still very worried and hopeful that he'd be able to find a phone or computer at some point during his trip.

Comment

I'm not defending Em's crazy obsessive e-mails or her refusal to listen when she was told he was going to Europe....but yes, it is a bit odd that he made no attempt to call anyone.

Every time my boyfriend goes out of town for something, I ask him to please call me. No, it isn't "checking in with the boss", it's letting me know that he made it alright, no one's gotten arrested, etc etc. And every time he leaves, he makes zero attempt to get a hold of me. I will admit to calling him many, many times and leaving him nasty messages or texts....then he'll call me back after he gets them and says how unnecessary that is, it's NO BIG DEAL, he's ok, why am I so upset that he didn't call?

He just doesn't get it. Don't worry, one of these weekends I am going to disappear with my girlfriends and I will absolutely refuse to call him or return any of his calls until I absolutely feel like calling him, then I'll tell him that it's no big deal.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Chick sounds like an ex-friend of mine.....

I was in Euro-land for 2 weeks a few yrs ago...I only checked in online once at the hostel in Amsterdam, other than that...I left everything behind
                          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Hmm, this one smells strangely of an Urban legend. Just something about it is not sitting right with me to believe it as true.
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

It's hilarious, but I have a feeling there's something missing here.

I sent it off to the folks at Snopes.com, so maybe they will be able to sort it all out.
                              I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Working...
                              X