Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ow, that made my head hurt. All that eye-rolling gave me a headache.

If, and it's a big if, this story is true, there is some suck on the b/f's part for not checking email from a simple wi/fi hotspot. Of course if he didn't have or bring a laptop, that would be moot. But his suck pales in comparison to the psycho-stalker loon's behaviour. I hope he told her where to stick it.

But I vote for tall tale. She called his friends, wouldn't one of them let her know what she should have already known?
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      Wait a second....aren't we ladies constantly accusing men of not listening?!
      Hm..? What...? oh yes I'll get right on it ... *ruffles newspaper*

My friends and, especially, family, would fully expect that from me >_> If I was in another country, I'd call them from the hotel or whatever, and they would know full well that they'd be unlikely to hear back from me until I'm back in the States...

My Mom has always been of the "call/write me" type...she's a bit better than I am about it, but not by much (different states, we've often gone for a couple months without a call); my brother is the same as me. We can just forget to call for 6 months and neither of us really notices. Then we just catch up on a nice long call
      Last edited by EricKei; 08-13-2009, 05:18 PM. Reason: aaaaaaa typo smurfs!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

though if you're backpacking, it's likely the computer was left at home too
        cos... you don't always know who's going to be staying at the same hostels etc

Comment

I'm sure he probably didn't have his own computer, but it does sound like he had his cell, and just didn't turn it on because of the roaming charges.

I can totally understand him not having access to technology to check in if he's backpacking across Europe.

My niece is actually on a European cross country trip right now, and even she manages to sneak in quick progress reports now and then.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Maybe he was only contacting his mother to give her updates and Mom was supposed to be telling girlfriend. Rather than make a bunch of calls to a bunch of people, just call one and have her spread the word.

Moms forget too, you know.
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
            X