Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Womans house auctioned........BY ACCIDENT!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Womans house auctioned........BY ACCIDENT!!!!!

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...357.html?yhp=1

She came home to a man demanding she get out of his newly purchased home...and all her stuff on the lawn.

I dont know what Id do if this were me..

If it was me, I'd sue the bank that sold my house. As for the guy who threw the stuff out? I don't know ... I feel kinda sorry for him. He thought he was legitimately buying a foreclosed house. Now hie's homeless.

Comment

I don't know what I'd do either. Especially since the mistake happened by a third party and not the bank.

A mistake in the Miami-Dade Clerk's Office appears to be behind the mishap, which landed Ramirez homeless for more than 24 hours.

Comment

I would sue both the bank and the county clerk's office. A compentent bank officer could easily check the address on their loan files and say "Wait a minute this is the wrong address."
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

So she wasn't behind in her mortgage or property taxes at all right?

Heres another one. Link

And Another Link
          Last edited by Aethian; 08-20-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            So she wasn't behind in her mortgage or property taxes at all right?

Heres another one. Link

And Another Link
            you know one is bad,
            two is despicable a
            three means its time for a federal change to fore closer law to make sure this never happens again the last story pissed me off so badly because i do believe the people clearing out the house by just emptying out drawers and swiping things of table tops.

Comment

Apparantly another one is also up where a writer was killed after a stand off with police when he was being evicted after another paper snafu.

The thing that gets me was these were over Chase/WaMu. And WaMu from another forum I go to has cost at least a dozen people buying short sells. One is still waiting after 7 months.

Comment

This is definably NOT one of those cases where "whoops, my bad. sorry about that." will cut it.

Comment

There seems to more to this story. The house did go into forclosure for nonpayment and was sold at auction on June 10. After it was sold this lady's parents went to a judge about it and he reclaimed the property for them. But a clerk forgot to tell the buyer.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...JMDhQD9A6RA6O0

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
                    There seems to more to this story. The house did go into forclosure for nonpayment and was sold at auction on June 10. After it was sold this lady's parents went to a judge about it and he reclaimed the property for them. But a clerk forgot to tell the buyer.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...JMDhQD9A6RA6O0
                    This makes much more sense.

But geez...a $2,100 a month mortgage? Yikes.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                      This makes much more sense.

But geez...a $2,100 a month mortgage? Yikes.
                      I think it depends on the area . . . real estate is expensive as a general rule. But it's more expensive in some areas of the country and Florida (from what I understand) is one of the most expensive places to live.

And if it's that expensive there, I'd hate to see how much it costs just to rent a home there.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X