Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New World of Warcraft expansion announced!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New World of Warcraft expansion announced!

I did a search and couldn't find this posted anywhere else, so I hope I'm not making a dupe thread.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/

Just announced at BlizzCon, I understand. I'm a little sad that the Worgen are an Alli race. But I think it's VERY COOL that they're redoing basically all of Azeroth so that we can use flying mounts there!

I don't have a WoW to English dictionary handy so I really have no clue what you just said. The new expansion was a "when" thing, not an "if" thing. Blizzard knows they can make millions on anything WoW.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      I don't have a WoW to English dictionary handy so I really have no clue what you just said. The new expansion was a "when" thing, not an "if" thing. Blizzard knows they can make millions on anything WoW.
      Well, in about 2 years Blizz will release an expansion module to WOrld of Waarcraft ... there will be a new playable race for both alliance and horde [worgens are sort of werewolves, locked in the humanoid wolf look] and they will be rewriting the programming to allow flying in the original old world.

I have seen a bunch of the modifications they are talking about [im on the closed beta group that gets to test stuff when it gets closer to release] and it looks good so far.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post

I have seen a bunch of the modifications they are talking about [im on the closed beta group that gets to test stuff when it gets closer to release] and it looks good so far.

Adopt me?!?! That is so cool!! *very jealous*
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Ok, this officially sucks. I'm at work and cannot read the article.

It'll be great to be able to fly over all of the landscape. There are way too many areas you cannot get to otherwise that I want to explore.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I have a lot to say about this, but I will only say this, as a picture is worth a thousand words. It's old, but...

...But it could be worse than that other stuff they pulled out of their ass. Oh, you know the thing...that alien race that got lost on the way to D20 future or Star Ocean. What're they called? I think it starts with a "D"....
            Last edited by Digitalpotato; 08-22-2009, 04:46 AM.
            Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

[im on the closed beta group that gets to test stuff when it gets closer to release]

Who isn't?

F&F Beta should start in roughly a year from what I can gather so yeah...
              http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
              Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                Adopt me?!?! That is so cool!! *very jealous*
                lol it took me years of working with developers and actually working in customer service for Sony as a GM for Everquest 1 to get that status ... it also means that my computer has to be more or less bleeding edge so I can run several programs and the game at the same time. My gaming setup has a 24" and a 19" flatscreen, is liquid cooled and has dual videocards that ran me about $700 US each ... a custom build by a computer designer buddy of mine.

You really don't want to be a closed beta tester, you want to wait for open betas - most of the bugs are out by then

You can get open beta invites for games getting ready to roll out by belonging to file planet and maybe direct to drive or some of the other gamers sites. I think Aion is the newest one in open beta for fantasy gamers.

When you beta, you need to be able to explain exactly what the bug is, and how you managed to screw up running the program ... my average bug report is about 500 words at least. When I am in an early beta, it can run to several thousand trying to explain exactly what I was doing when the program crashed out.

fileplanet does have some open betas scrolling in the top section right now - champions looks interesting if you are not into fantasy, and it looks like fallen earth is also in open beta if you like fantasy. Aion is in pre-release now.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Calud View Post
                  Who isn't?

F&F Beta should start in roughly a year from what I can gather so yeah...
                  lol big difference between closed beta and open beta. I get in after the devs finish the alpha in house testing ... though i will probably never work as customer service in the gaming industry again =)

Comment

lol big difference between closed beta and open beta.
                    Oh god yes. With the last issue, the developers of City of Heroes set it up as an all access closed beta. In other words, they didn't do a standard closed beta and jumped to the open beta to give the players the experience they were missing.

Day one after the beta test server went up, the forum post tripled, mainly with complaints on how unstable the game was. The only response from the Devs? "Welcome to what a closed beta is really like."
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                      Oh god yes. With the last issue, the developers of City of Heroes set it up as an all access closed beta. In other words, they didn't do a standard closed beta and jumped to the open beta to give the players the experience they were missing.

Day one after the beta test server went up, the forum post tripled, mainly with complaints on how unstable the game was. The only response from the Devs? "Welcome to what a closed beta is really like."
                      ROFLMAO ... hell yes ...

Although what are fun is server stress tests ... load as many script kiddies and nintendroids [juvenile in real live or act like they are about 9 years old but are adults that are the main jerks and jackasses that play in a lot of open betas ... basically wannabe 'uber gamers'] onto the server at one time as you can get and see how many people it takes to crash the server if your computer isnt up to snuff, it can play hob with your game install. You should hear the whinging in forums sometimes after a stress test. I *never* use my normal game names in beta testing, I usually make something up like Paladin24 ... usually class and the number of the characters I have played in the game so far. I try to play every race/class/sex combination I can to shake things up and get the most bugs found.

[script kiddies are wannabe hackers .. they go to mags like 2400 and try the hacking scripts that you can find online. Nintendroids are those who basically treat a MMORPG as if it was a single player game... nobody else in game is real. All the mobs and loot spawns are theirs. If you have just spent half an hour killing your way to a boss mob, they will walk past you and nail the boss mob just as soon as it is safe to walk past you and get to it Same with clearing around an herb or ore spawn. I have found that a lot of the jackass gamers that do that sort of behavior literally grew up playing console games where they were generally solo and maybe occasionally played online as part of a team... where each gamer group was essentially playing its own 'instance']

Comment

and they will be rewriting the programming to allow flying in the original old world.
                        From what it looks like, they probably just recreated Azeroth with flying available in it, since most areas are being drastically affected by Deathwing, etc. That's the way I'd do it anyway, instead of rewriting any of the old stuff.
                        Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Well, hopefully I'll have my flying mount by that point. Even the one character I can have one on doesn't have flying yet. Not enough cash.

Eric hte Grey
                          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

The negative opinion has arrived!

While it's still early and I might change my mind later my current feeling about this "EP" is that it's underwhelming.

The changes to the face of Azeroth are going to happen for everyone EP or no. Whether you want it or not- wow, Blizz threw down some lava, "i r etcited".

What's that leave?

Two races that I couldn't give a flying fig about playing.
                            Oh, they're going to give the same old classes to old races that didn't have them before? For example: The All New Human Hunter... oh joy.
                            Revamping of stats? Patch material.

Obviously, I could go on.

As far as I'm concerned currently this should be nothing more than a major content patch. Save the "new" races for a real EP and offer something worth shelling out money for. I can't believe they're following up WotLK with this disappointment.

It doesn't look like anything I'd spend $30+ on.
                            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                            HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                              The All New Human Hunter... oh joy.
                              I always wondered WHY humans couldn't be hunters...so going to make one.

Comment

Working...
                              X