Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New World of Warcraft expansion announced!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NightAngel View Post
    The negative opinion has arrived!

While it's still early and I might change my mind later my current feeling about this "EP" is that it's underwhelming.

The changes to the face of Azeroth are going to happen for everyone EP or no. Whether you want it or not- wow, Blizz threw down some lava, "i r etcited".

What's that leave?

Two races that I couldn't give a flying fig about playing.
    Oh, they're going to give the same old classes to old races that didn't have them before? For example: The All New Human Hunter... oh joy.
    Revamping of stats? Patch material.

Obviously, I could go on.

As far as I'm concerned currently this should be nothing more than a major content patch. Save the "new" races for a real EP and offer something worth shelling out money for. I can't believe they're following up WotLK with this disappointment.

It doesn't look like anything I'd spend $30+ on.
    Well, DKs and Northrend happened for everybody, Outland and new races happened for everybody. To be honest, flying in Azaroth is pretty damned exciting to almost everybody who plays that I know. New races are fun - it is a chance to see some new starting quests and new areas. I have been playign for 5 years now, and I can tell you honestly that I know every quest in the old world, and have run them for alliance and horde at least a dozen times each ... something new is a relief =)
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I am kind of on the fence this one. I am really excited about having new races, but at the same time I'm not so sure about destroying Azeroth. At the same time though it may make leveling a new toon a completely different game and make it new and exciting again.

As far as flying in Azeroth, its about time! I hate the set flight paths, because it takes FOREVER to get anywhere. I am really curious about the new paths that they were talking about, and the new archaeology profession.

On the other hand once again, they say that they are going to use more of the phasing technology they used Wrath of the Lich King in this expansion also. Again..I'm not sure how I feel about that. Sure it makes the the game more interesting because it changes, but at the same time you can't really help a guildie who is not in the same phase as you. You see things completely different than they do.

So yeah...like I said..I'm on the fence with this. Will I buy it...heck yeah! Will I stay with Alliance? HECK YEAH...I have always been a fan of alliance and will stay on alliance. I have just found no interest in the horde...even with the Napoleon Dynamite dancers.
      "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Quoth king4aday View Post
        On the other hand once again, they say that they are going to use more of the phasing technology they used Wrath of the Lich King in this expansion also. Again..I'm not sure how I feel about that. Sure it makes the the game more interesting because it changes, but at the same time you can't really help a guildie who is not in the same phase as you. You see things completely different than they do.
        They're actually working on fixing it to make it easier to notice people in different phases and make it easier to work with. No real details, but I can't see it being much worse than it is.

As for me, I'm looking forward to the reforging system. You can replace one stat for another, which will give some new visual ideas. (Caster axes for example)
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

As for me, I'm looking forward to the reforging system. You can replace one stat for another, which will give some new visual ideas. (Caster axes for example)
          I am looking forward to this as well, only it won't do my main much good...being herbalist/alchemist.....
          "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            Well, DKs and Northrend happened for everybody, Outland and new races happened for everybody.
            No, these only happened for the people who bought the expansions.

The Cataclysm changes to the face of Azeroth are going to happen whether you buy the EP or not.

From the Cataclysm FAQ:
            Will I need the expansion to be able to experience the Cataclysm changes?

When the Cataclysm occurs, it will occur for all players, whether they have purchased the expansion or not--you will no longer be to play in the original version of Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. However, certain features such as the new zones, new races, and new level cap will only be accessible to players who purchase the expansion.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

Im more excited to fly in azeroth than anything. I just love to fly. lol.

Im slightly confused as to why the Worgen are a Alli race..I guess Ill have to wait for the storyline.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                Im slightly confused as to why the Worgen are a Alli race..I guess Ill have to wait for the storyline.
                Supposedly they were once friendly with the night elves and with the opening of the wall, are reforging that alliance. Though in on of the Q&A sessions, the devs basically said "We did it for **** and giggles."
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  Im more excited to fly in azeroth than anything. I just love to fly. lol.

ok...here is what I have heard of the lore:

The Worgen were once all human in Gilneas. Then the scourge started attacking Gilneas.

A man by the name of Arugal called down a spell to combat the scourge and the worgen appeared. Part of this spell placed a curse upon the people of Gilneas that they also became worgen. For the most part when they became the worgen, they became mindless killers. Only recently have they found a "cure" for themselves where they gain some of their humanity back.

You know Arugal if you have played the Shadowfang Keep instance because you killed him.

Ok..going on with the story, if you have played any of the night elf quests, there is a particular questline that starts in Astranaar which starts with the quest "Raene's Cleansing". This quest eventually takes you to Darkshire among the worgen where it basically ends abruptly. We never really found out the rest of this quest. I would imagine the end of this quest is now going to come to light.

but very abridged version...Worgen were once human....and they still cling to the alliance they were once part of.....

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                    Supposedly they were once friendly with the night elves and with the opening of the wall, are reforging that alliance. Though in on of the Q&A sessions, the devs basically said "We did it for **** and giggles."

You've got the Worgen confused with the Draenei there.

I actually heard something completely different. You know that Peninsula they start off in? South of Silverpine and isolated from the rest of the Eastern Kingdoms by a wall? It's called "Gilneas". They're another human kingdom like Kul Tiras, Stromgarde, Lordaeron, and Stormwind, but unlike everyone else who wound up getting involved in wars, the Gilneans just sat back and did nothing. Like the Swiss. Then the curse of the worgen started to bypass the wall and then they turned into worgen.

Somehow they also learn to become druids and possibly Shamans in there after becoming Worgen...despite having been human who do not have druids or shamans because they are monotheistic. My guess is that the curse also caused a bunch of plotholes to open up. World of warcraft is no shortage of plotholes thanks to how many people have worked on the story.
                    Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Working...
                    X