X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fml story

http://www.fmylife.com/health/4850568?af=1#c_3715890

what a bitch...
    Today, I went to get food, I was late so my friend ordered for me. I took a few bites and it was getting hard to breathe. I realized it's a bluebery muffin, I'm deathly allergic. I look to my friend, she was laughing saying she wanted to see if it was true. I just got out of the hospital. FML
    if this is true, i hope she presses charges

I'd be pressing something, namely my knee into their throat, see how thay like it
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I've heard of that happening before when a person has an unusual food allergy that doesn't get a lot of attention.

Someone will think they're lying because "nobody is allergic to that" so they test the theory by sneaking the food in.
      It's so stupid and dangerous, because you never know what form an allergic reaction will take.

I do have to wonder how she didn't notice blueberries in the muffin, though.
      Last edited by Ree; 08-28-2009, 11:32 AM.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Also, I'm pretty sure about 90% of the stories on FML are made up. Though I love reading them anyway.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I had an experience kind of similar to this once. I am allergic to bananas. I always have been although I didn't realize it was an allergy until I was an adult. My mom has known that bananas make me sick ever since I was a child. However, she was convinced that I was just being a picky eater and that I just didn't like bananas, so she would always try to convince me to eat them. One time a few years ago (I was around 20 or so) she made a smoothie. I didn't see what she put in it, she told me it was a blueberry smoothie (and it looked blue/purple so I believed her.) I started drinking it and she said, "Hah! See, you can't even tell that there's bananas in there, can you?" I started crying and tossed the rest of the smoothie, as I started getting a pain in my chest and a very itchy/scratchy throat and ears. I've never had to go to the hospital for an allergy attack over bananas but it is still a very unpleasant experience. She finally believed me that time when she saw how distressed I was, and after I yelled at her. She claimed she never knew bananas made me sick (bullshit!), she just thought I didn't like them.

Anyway, I'm always very careful when I see fruit salads or desserts to ask what's in them before I take a bite. I feel really bad for this woman, especially if her allergy is severe, which it sounds like it is. I would never speak to the "friend" again except if I was pressing charges. I do think it's a little strange that she didn't realize there were blueberries in the muffin before she took a bite of it, but as some people pointed out, sometimes blueberry muffins look like chocolate chip, if the blueberries are very small and dark. I've seen muffins like that. Still, if it had been me and I had seen a muffin with small dark spots on it, I would have asked, "This isn't blueberry, right?" Although from the way the story reads, the "friend" probably would have told her it was chocolate chip just to get her to take a bite.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
            Also, I'm pretty sure about 90% of the stories on FML are made up.
            I don't know that the percentage is quite that high, but it's up there, I'm sure.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
              Also, I'm pretty sure about 90% of the stories on FML are made up. Though I love reading them anyway.
              yeah you should read the pre-posted stories

some of those are even faker.

and if they're not... o god
              i don't even think i can post the ones that stood out the most cos they were kinda nasty.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                I've heard of that happening before when a person has an unusual food allergy that doesn't get a lot of attention.

Someone will think they're lying because "nobody is allergic to that" so they test the theory by sneaking the food in.
                It's so stupid and dangerous, because you never know what form an allergic reaction will take.
                This.

I can't have anything with caffeine in it, which includes chocolates and most sodas. Causes killer migraines, and low grade seizures (Shaky all over the place, and can't verbalize anything. Great fun!)

CW didn't believe me and tried to get me to eat a handful of chocolates.

Another friend gave me a fruit based orange soda (Most of which are caffeine free!) This was sunkist. Sunkist has caffeine. She did it unintentionally, but felt so bad when I started shaking and couldn't talk. Still had people saying that I was faking it because no one can be allergic to caffeine...(Ok, maybe technically not an allergy, but still the same premise, I think...)

I'd say I can't believe how stupid people are, but sadly, I can...

Comment

Mom has a caffeine allergy.

Comment

OH my to not be able to have caffeine would SUCK!!!!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Wow, what a shitty friend.
                      My uncle is deathly allergic to all bean and nut items, even soy. I saw his reaction once when he ate a salad that had soy in the salad dressing (even though he asked first).
                      His throat swelled up big time. If the hospital wasn't close he probably would have needed a tracheostomy on the way. If someone played a joke on him, I would hope they would be charged with murder.
                      Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Quoth Miyon View Post
                        Wow, what a shitty friend.
                        My uncle is deathly allergic to all bean and nut items, even soy. I saw his reaction once when he ate a salad that had soy in the salad dressing (even though he asked first).
                        His throat swelled up big time. If the hospital wasn't close he probably would have needed a tracheostomy on the way. If someone played a joke on him, I would hope they would be charged with murder.
                        I hope they would be charged with attempted murder.

I don't really have an allergy but cigarette smoke will make me sick, headache, eyes burn, dizzy, brain shuts down, It can really f*** me up.

my sister: codeine, violently allergic.
                        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

no one can be allergic to caffeine
                          says who?

i mean i've heard of people being legitimately allergic to their own sweat even

Comment

im not violently allergic but im extremely sensitive to things.
                            Pineapple= rash vomitting head achys shivery feeling
                            Codeine- vomiting, not very lucide, half unconscience fever chills
                            Latex- rash itchy not feeling good.

any meds i take im will have supper senstivesy too. I had a panic attack and my dad gave me a drug that he takes that helps relax and puts you to sleep. It gave me heart palpitations and a racing heart. at half the normal dose.
                            and the only that doesnt fall in that catagory is vicadan.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                              I had a panic attack and my dad gave me a drug that he takes
                              Is your dad a doctor? If not, how nice of him to a) Try and kill you, as he'd not have the medication interactions and side-effects, and b) it's usually illegal to give someone else some of your prescription.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X