This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC's trading kids for PS3's

No I'm not although I wish to the Goddess that I was.

Click this link for details

Basically a radio station as a gag offered a free PS3 in exchange for the parents to give up their child for 24 hours.

People took them up on the offer and were dumbfounded when they were informed that it was a gag.

I swear I'm telling you I have a solution. Give everyone a gun and a punch-out card that allows you to shoot 6 people without fear of reprisals. You kill someone and one slot on the card gets punched.

What will happen is the people with common sense will go into hiding while truly stupid people in the world will slaughter themselves in an orgy of destruction. Then when we finally outnumber the stupid [censored]ers we'll wipe them the rest of the way out of the gene pool.

Mongo
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

When I hear stories like that I always think of a Dilbert cartoon... I really wish I could find the actual text, but it goes something like this:

Dogbert: The president should order everyone to march into the ocean. The stupid people will do it. Then the people smart enough not to do it get to divide up the stupid people's stuff.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
      Dogbert: The president should order everyone to march into the ocean. The stupid people will do it. Then the people smart enough not to do it get to divide up the stupid people's stuff.
      I call dibs on the Wii
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I'll gladly trade some of the screaming brats who come in my line for a Wii.

Comment

No way would I trade my son for anything. And a two day old?! They need their mommy's milk! Holy crap.

Comment

Some people's priorities...
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I would trade children for a PS3! Er...do they have to be mine?
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I've started to pass this around at work. Three dropped jaws and one resigned shrug so far.

Rapscallion

Comment

These people are PARENTS?!

0 Coffee! Thou dost dispel all care, thou are the object of desire to the scholar. This is the beverage of the friends of God. -In Praise of Coffee, 1511

Daranacon - because we're not crazy enough

Comment

*sigh* Just when I think I am getting too cynical and bitter about humanity, something like this comes along to show me I'm not even close to being cynical enough.

Comment

I was doing OK with the article, and then I read the part about "Katie" phoning back to ask whether or not she's getting a PlayStation. Then I got scared and depressed.
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                        I was doing OK with the article, and then I read the part about "Katie" phoning back to ask whether or not she's getting a PlayStation. Then I got scared and depressed.
                        Exactly. That is just stupid beyond reason. I thought I'd seen just about everything when it comes to stupidity. I should know better.
                        I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Might be rather vicious of me, but if I'd been at that radio station, I might well have been alerting CPS or equivalent to some seriously negligent and otherwise screwed-up parents.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Unfortunately, it could always be worse. A woman in Ohio was arrested either this week or last for microwaving her baby daughter to death.

Yes, in a microwave oven.

Never assume that humanity has hit bottom -- they'll prove you wrong every time.
                            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Yes I heard about that. My earlier comment still stands, I'm not cynical enough.

Apparently she did the crime last year but they had to do some forensic research and all to make sure about the how and all.

A mother was arrested on suspicion of murdering her newborn daughter by microwaving the baby in an oven. China Arnold, 26, of Dayton, Ohio, was jailed Monday on a charge of aggravated murder, more than a year after she brought her dead month-old baby to a hospital. Bail was set at $1 million

Comment

Working...
                              X