Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Michigan a few years back there was a lot of news about this mother who abandoned her 1 month old baby by leaving the baby in a trashcan. I remember reading somewhere that California IIRC has this policy of leaving your child at a firestation or some other form of emergency help if the parents no longer want the child anymore but within a certain time period. Leaving a baby in a microwave however just sickens me.

Never assume that humanity has hit bottom -- they'll prove you wrong every time. HauntedHeadNC
    May I use that as a sig?
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ihatethenba68 View Post
      May I use that as a sig?
      Go crazy. I don't mind at all.

I think we can all think of people from our respective locales who have done horrible things to their children -- I know I can. It was truly awful, and an image that sticks in my mind was a picture in the newspaper of the county sheriff carrying the casket down the aisle at First Presbyterian, weeping.

A lot of us have witnessed our customers doing bad things to their children. Some of us have even stopped customers from doing these things.

The important thing is that no matter how burned out we all get at our jobs, and from dealing with people every day, some things should always be able to cut to the quick and appall us. We should always manage to dredge up some righteous indignation for something that truly deserves it and not for the petty bs our customers get het up about.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Every time I think humanity couldn't possibly dig themselves any deeper, they bring in a backhoe.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Every time humanity hits rock bottom, they grab the drills and the explosives and start all over again.

It's actually getting to the point where every time I watch the news I start wishing for an asteroid, plague, nukes, alien battle fleets, divinity induced global flooding or something to wipe out the majority of the population of this planet just so the survivors can get their shit together and start again...hopefully getting it right this time.

Oh well, I hope the cockroaches get it right when it's their turn.
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I stopped watching the news - it's done wonders for my blood pressure.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I told one of my friends about this, bad idea to tell her in a restaurant she pretty much gasped quite loudly and I got a jaw drop. Honestly, these are people who somehow get the high-paying jobs also and various other treasures. I'm just about ready to give up on humanity right now.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Amazing. They really will let just anybody have kids...
                Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Quoth BlakeMP View Post
                  Amazing. They really will let just anybody have kids...
                  There's no "letting" here, people will have children if they can. There's no way to license it without stepping all over other people's rights.

Still, it's a sad situation that some parents would seriously consider trading their child for a stupid video console. How sick is that?!

Yes, it's true that some parents have no business being parents. There was a story here not long ago about a father who beat his two-year-old daughter and stuffed her in the toy box because she interrupted his video game playing. She suffocated. http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/Issue...s/feature.html
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'd weep for the state of humanity, but that would be an exercise in futility.
                    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Hmm, 1 day of FREE daycare, and you get a PS3 too.

Thats what it sounds like to me.

But then again, maybe im missreading the, give child away for 24 hours, part.
                      http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                      Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
                        Hmm, 1 day of FREE daycare, and you get a PS3 too.

Thats what it sounds like to me.

But then again, maybe im missreading the, give child away for 24 hours, part.
                        Hmm...how quick would you be to give your car away to a perfect starnger for a day for free detailing or cleaning, and also have the promise of a PS3 at the end of that day?

What if they asked you to just hand over the keys to your house for 24 hours and let them have free reign in it to clean, with the promise of a PS3 the next day?

What about handing over heirloom jewellery or even just regular jewellery to strangers for cleaning, again with the promise of a PS3?

Kind of changes the perspective a bit, don't ya think?

But then, I guess it's different with kids. Hey, it's free daycare, and they couldn't possibly get hurt.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                        X