This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules ARE Rules at Bank of America

You with no arms, you wanna bank with us you need a thumbprint.

What???? Oh you can't supply a thumbprint because you dont even have any arms, let alone hands. Well tough shit! Shoulda got yourself a pair of arms when you were still in the womb.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32693746...-today_people/

IMO two wrongs went wrong here.

Yes, the obvious - the bank "insisting" on a thumb print but..

Even I can't cash checks made out to my wife no matter how many forms of ID I show them - that can be considered check fraud and imagine the lawsuits the bank would have if someone claimed to be a spouse because they had the last name or fake IDs with the same last name.

BoA - damned if they do, damned if they don't in this situation.

IMO - something is missing here, though. Something is NOT being disclosed.

(BTW - how will a thumb print prove they are married? I don't even see thumb print scanners in my BoA!).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I didnt understand the whole cashing his wifes check thing either. BUT they were willing to do it for him as long as he would provide a thumbprint........... um yeah.

BoA has trained their sheeple well. Cant think outside the box to accomadate extreme circumstances.

He shouldve gave them a thumbprint with his prosthetic thumb. lol. Then what?

Comment

How about a retinal scan? OR just sit on a scanner & scan his butt...lol.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          IMO two wrongs went wrong here.

Yes, the obvious - the bank "insisting" on a thumb print but..

Even I can't cash checks made out to my wife no matter how many forms of ID I show them - that can be considered check fraud and imagine the lawsuits the bank would have if someone claimed to be a spouse because they had the last name or fake IDs with the same last name.

BoA - damned if they do, damned if they don't in this situation.

IMO - something is missing here, though. Something is NOT being disclosed.

(BTW - how will a thumb print prove they are married? I don't even see thumb print scanners in my BoA!).
          I agree something is missing here I bank with BOA but before I did when I lived in Germany but came home for a visit the only thing they needed to cash a check (which was in my name) was an ID and a credit card. When I handed over my debit card that was from a bank affiliated with BOA I was told no, it had to be a credit card.

I'm thinking that he got mad that they wouldn't cash a check that was not in his name. I was informed in my experience that if I knew someone with an account I could put it in there and get the cash from an ATM (which is what my mother did.) Or they informed him that without her there they could only deposit it. (Something that happened when my husband decided to try and cash my check on our joint account.) Then he decided to take it to media.

Comment

The article i first read about this around a week ago, i got the impression it was a check she wrote for him. Thing is that BofA requires a thumbprint to cash a check there, and also often charges a fee, even for cashier's checks if you're not an account holder. Over all, they are a thoroughly obnoxious bank, ifn you want more, take a look at my write up over here http://community.livejournal.com/leftfurs/74872.html
            Seph
            Taur10
            "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
              OR just sit on a scanner & scan his butt...lol.
              I for one do not want to visualize the verification process that would be needed there.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                How about a retinal scan? OR just sit on a scanner & scan his butt...lol.
                Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I for one do not want to visualize the verification process that would be needed there.
                Think positive, Irv... We'd be able to identify the assholes... ALL of them!
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Personally I dont like the idea of companies requiring me to submit fingerprints and retinal scans just to do business with them. Maybe I should require THEIR workers to submit those things to ME since I'm the one paying THEIR salary when I do business with them.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                    I'm the one paying THEIR salary when I do business with them.
                    ... Did you really just say that? How many times have we had tales of SCs on the board here using that line, only to elicit venom and scorn from those subjected to it? I dunno, but it's a lot. I know you included the , but come on, still. It's like saying to a cashier "It doesn't scan, so it must be free" when they've already told you they hate that line. They know you're making fun of the other people who used it, but it's still not funny.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

My remark wasn't directed towards the workers on the front line, just the people higher up in the company that sit in fancy suits inside corporate suites that dream up these goofy rules.

Besides, with all the news reports about companies losing all their company data to hackers and thieves all the time, I sure as hell do NOT want my fingerprints or DNA profile or whatever the hell companies now want these days on their files for the free pickings.

Comment

Looks like they made it into Fail Blog.

Eric the Grey
                        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                        X