X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why ugly people make good employees

http://www.kiplinger.com/columns/ont...9/job0903.html

Agree? Disagree?
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

humph

Comment

Wow. I'm an ugly person. But whatever. Fine. I'm still offended, even if its a advantage to that one person.

I already know I'm a scumbucket. No need to rub it for jobs.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

My suggestion is to hire more competent hiring managers. Maybe then they will have enough skills to distinguish between the more qualified candidate and the lesser without having to resort to cheap generalizations
        !
        "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
          My suggestion is to hire more competent hiring managers. Maybe then they will have enough skills to distinguish between the more qualified candidate and the lesser without having to resort to cheap generalizations
          That.

It's one benefit to the impersonal method of job applications. Resumes sent by E-mail, you don't know what they person looks like. You have to go by their abilities and experience. Then at the interview, personality, personal hygiene, etc.

Grooming is the ONLY part of someone's appearance that should matter to a hiring manager.

But, hey, maybe I'm bias, being prettiful. AND a good worker.

Creep.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
            That would certainly be nice.

I've got excellent work skills and ethics, I'm smart and a fast learner. Treat me well and I'm loyal forever. However, I'm no beauty queen; maybe that's why I can't seem to get hired. Perhaps this writer has uncovered an ugly (pardon the pun) truth; that people give preference to pretty folks.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
            X