X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer order to pay for weight loss surgery

http://news.aol.com/article/indiana-...y-for%2F665552

I definetely thought this was interesting, and in some ways 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other. Not to mention the fact that his injury might have only aggrivated a pre-existing condition caused by his weight. Of course it opens up the door to not hiring people based on their weight. Then you might have overweight people getting themselves hurt now because they figure their work will have to fork-over for weight loss surgery. Hmmm...
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

What?!
    TANSTAAFL

Comment

Quoth bookworm View Post
      What?!
      it makes some sense to me, he wouldn't need the surgery if he hadn't gotten hurt at work. though with out know how he got hurt it could be said his weight caused the injury... though... hmmmm i have nothing for now

Comment

It says his injury was from being hit in the back with a freezer door. Doesn't sound like it had anything to do with his weight. The only reason his weight is a factor now is because the back surgery will be less likely to do any good at his present weight. But he was already well over 300 pounds to begin with.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

yes he was over weight to begin with but the job caused him to have to lose weight to get better which needed if they dont want to be paying for him for the rest of his life. the article even stated he had been trying to lose weight for the last 2 years and it wasnt happeneing.

i actually think they should have paid for it if they didnt want to keep paying for surgeries.

Comment

Working...
          X