Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blockbuster bringing back "hated fees" ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockbuster bringing back "hated fees" ...

for their video games

Now you only get to keep the games for 5 days. There's a 99 cent surcharge until the 15th day when you are charged the purchase price of the game. You can still return the game and get the purchase price removed from your account/card, but the 99 cent/day surcharge is not removable.

all i can think of is....

maybe people were abusing the games?

Comment

Since when do big, corporate chains lie???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92S-S9vJ0PA

Comment

I don't mind it. I actually do go to BB at least once a month; my local one is pretty good and I rent at least three movies or games from them. They have the games I want, but there are never any to rent because people keep them waaaay over the limit 'cause they know when they return it, all they have to do is pay that 1.25 fee.

I'll admit to taking advantage of that once and keeping a game two days over that five day limit.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
          Since when do big, corporate chains lie???
          Yeeess... because changing a corporate policy from two years ago is lying. Yep, I'm right there with ya. And damn it, they were probably lying too when they told me they didn't have any copies of Transformers 2 in stock, since it'll be there when I go back in a few months.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Cool. They can change their policy, and I can choose to stop giving them money and take my business somewhere else.

Hope that not too many people share my opinion. Doesn't flow too well with the shareholders, who technically happen to be the REAL owners, the ones that ultimately call the shots.

Comment

Over here blockbusters have had late fees since, well as long as I've been with them (98)

Don't want to pay late fees? Return the damn thing on time and stop being so greedy and keeping it for yourself.
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                Cool. They can change their policy, and I can choose to stop giving them money and take my business somewhere else.

Hope that not too many people share my opinion. Doesn't flow too well with the shareholders, who technically happen to be the REAL owners, the ones that ultimately call the shots.
                I don't understand you. They are bringing back late fees only for video games because they've noticed that it's been abused.

Wouldn't the shareholders be happy because if people bring back the rentals on time, MORE people will be able to rent them out? Therefore, they will make more money. It really seems like a good idea to me, to be honest.

Comment

Perhaps, but I think they just should have thought it out a little more when they launched that massive "No Late Fees" thing. Besides, I dont trust large corporations anymore. And you can tell them I said that.

Comment

Working...
                  X