This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wendy's Manager Poisoned - called to carpet for calling 911

Wendy's Manager in Jacksonville says she was called to the carpet for calling 911 after she drank something that was tampered with

Alan Pruitt, President of Wendy's Michigan and Florida, says if employees have to call 911, they should also call their District Managers.

Honestly, I don't think that completely unreasonable in most cases, since the DM will be fielding most of the inquiries about things that happen at various stores, and it'd kind suck to say "whoa, wait, what?"

And in THIS case, they might have needed to move a manager over to cover if she was seriously ill from whatever. As for being "called to the carpet," we only have her word on that, and she's got a lawyer, so now no one's story can be taken at face value.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Sorry, if my ass is in an ambulance after drinking something tampered with, the LAST thing on my mind is contacting anybody except my husband ... someone at the store can make the call [and should be the one calling. What if the manager dropped dead, what is he going to do, haunt the DM's office?]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        What if the manager dropped dead, what is he going to do, haunt the DM's office?
        ...justice, i think.
        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
        ^_^

Comment

At least she wasn't fired.

Comment

The last thing I have on my mind in an emergency like that is to call the DM or corporate. I'm still over that policy to be honest.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

this story gets bonus points if said victim is only to call corporate/dm during office hours
              To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
              my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

To expand on my previous post, I'd like to add that I'm willing to bet the policy is either "a" manager calls the DM, or a call just needs to be made within a certain period of time of the incident. Personally, if one manager was going in an ambulance, I'd be calling up one of the other ones to see if they can come in to cover, since being without a manager is kind of bad most times. Then THAT manager should call the DM. Failing that, the next day, when she knew she was okay, call the DM then. I wasn't meaning that as the manager was being loaded in to the ambulance she should be making them wait to call the DM or something.

>_>
                <_<
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

what i'm curious about is WHO poisoned her drink

and if her drink was behind the counter it means a coworker probably did it.

Comment

Some cleaning stuff could have fallen in by accident.
                    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
                    X