X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you pass third grade geography?

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

All you have to do is match the name of the state with their shape. Sounds simple, right? Maybe, maybe not, especially since there's a time limit.

I'm embarrased to admit I failed twice before I got it When I was a kid I knew all the states and their capitals. I guess we lose brain cells as we get older (I've sacrified many to alcohol alone).

Hmm...45/48 ...Not bad for a Canuck
    Last edited by Mr. Rude; 12-06-2006, 01:26 AM. Reason: Way too pretty lookin' ;)
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Oh, man, that is the coolest avatar I've ever seen. You rock, Dandy Highwayman

Comment

Perfect score on my first try. But that is only because there are certain things in my mind that just stick over the years, and the shape of the states + their location are part of those "certain things." Had it been shapes of countries, I would have been screwed.
        "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

East as 1, 2, pi. Or something like that. The states are mad easy. Try this. We had to memorize every country in the world in the 7th grade. Sadly enough, I still have most of them memorized.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
            East as 1, 2, pi. Or something like that. The states are mad easy. Try this. We had to memorize every country in the world in the 7th grade. Sadly enough, I still have most of them memorized.
            Problem is that a lot of them have changed.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

WOOOHOOO!! I got them all with time to spare! Of course, it helps that I have two girls in elementary school. The 2nd grader is starting on this now and the 6th grader did it a few years ago. Right now the 6th grade is on Latin America. They did Europe the first quarter. Is there a test on that somewhere? I might actually be able to pass that one.

Problem is that a lot of them have changed.
              When we were moving I found a globe that is between 20 and 25 years old, so I let my oldest take it in to school so the kids could see the differences just a few years make in the world. They were really surprised at the number of countries that just don't exist anymore.

Comment

44 out of 48. It's all those tiny states on the east coast that get me.

Why do I always forget that Arizona is a 4 corner state?
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I've played it three times and the best I've got is about 20.

Meh. Give me a European version and I'll do fine.
                  Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

Yahaaarrr!! I knew someone else would like the avatar

BTW, all of the males look this good up here in Canada...
                    Last edited by Mr. Rude; 12-06-2006, 01:09 AM. Reason: Because I'm waaayyy too good looking
                    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

I got 29, which is a bit pants really. Why are so many states the same shape??!! California is easy, as are Texas and Florida and I have a keyring in the shape of the state of Massachusetts All those square states make it really hard !

I'm with FF. Give me a Euro version and I'll be happy. Heh, give me a map of the world and I'll be happy.
                      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                      - Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
                      X