X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Meep" banned in MA school

http://salemnews.com/punews/local_story_313233045.html

What. the. hell...? The school claimed that the "police were also advised"...about what?
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-12-2009, 02:56 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

....er.... O.o. Wow.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Good thing my husband and I are long out of HS. We meep, mrp, mew, mrr, eep, prr, growl, and roar at each other frequently. We'd be expelled from that school in a flash!

Comment

"Meep" is the way I would phonetically render our cat's meow.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Looks like the Road Runner would be expelled from that school.
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

What the *********!!!!! None of that made any sense. The school couldn't even fully explain why they "banned" the word. Even the kids were confused. That whole article could have been, "school overreacts to something some kid put on Facebook, tries to ban meaningless word, ends up wasting a lot of time and funding while looking completely ridiculous."
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I can understand it IF students are using this word to cause mayhem and disrupt the school.

Comment

I like how they made Facebook sound like a cabal.
                I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                  I can understand it IF students are using this word to cause mayhem and disrupt the school.
                  I could too, with the same accent on "if." Tried to wade through the explanation, however, and the word didn't seem particularly tied to the disruption. I think it's probably a case of the school having a situation, trying to react, and then just not doing the right thing.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Anybody else find it hilarious that the article about this witchhunt is posted in the Salem News?

Comment

so now everyone must end every sentence with "snarf"
                      To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
                      my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                        Count Beaker on this one too. That's the most asinine thing I've heard of...banning the word "meep"?
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

kay so i understand if the kids are saying "meep" and interrupting teachers constantly...but since no-one has a decent explanation...that's just messed up

Quoth morgana View Post
                          Anybody else find it hilarious that the article about this witchhunt is posted in the Salem News?
                          lol awesome
                          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                          ^_^

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                            i was thinking the same thing
                            hell everyone wear Road Runner shirts!

Comment

I'm wearing my Beaker "meep" button all month in protest.

On my FB page I'm currently arguing about this with the ex. He thinks that there was in fact going to be some sort of "disruptive action" (how disruptive could said action really be? My little gang in high school did worse).

Now, if the school at least offered up some sort of explanation I might give them points for trying...and then laugh hysterically at whatever it might be.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X