Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally, Someone Arrested for Being a Sucky Customer (sorta)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, Someone Arrested for Being a Sucky Customer (sorta)

News Story:

http://news.aol.com/article/arrest-o...souri%2F768241

Guess this chick thought it would just be cool to you know, barge in front of the line and throw other peoples' stuff on the floor. Yeah...not gonna fly.

And assault police officers. Both watch the video and read the article they are very different points of view. The news show not only contradicts itself but is clearly choosing her side as they spoke to noone on the other side I also notice a lack of security camera evidence when this happened at a register.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I imagine Walmart can't release the security footage while the trial is pending. Too bad, I'd really like to know what actually happened.

Comment

I've seen SCs get arrested.

One customer didn't agree with her bill claiming she was over charged (charges were legit). So, what did she do? She called 911 and told them she was being robbed.

It didn't go over well when the police realized what was going on - she even tried to accuse the rep of robbing her.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

o god. my home town is supporting her actions?

Comment

Geez. I don't know if the incident was motivated by race (it seems unlikely) but a lot of the comments on the article seem pretty racist. It's sad.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
              Geez. I don't know if the incident was motivated by race (it seems unlikely) but a lot of the comments on the article seem pretty racist. It's sad.
              I think the reason the commentors are being slightly racist is because the woman IS claiming the incident was racially motivated not because of her actions. I see most as decrying the use of "race" as a "get of of jail free" card that some of us here on CS complain about.

see this thread specifically about the "race card:
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=55552

and this thread: are customers allowed to treat us (the workers) like crap:
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=56179
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

What I took out of the article was this:

1: Customer in question gets into a line. Her friend/cousin/whatever gets into a different line.

2: Different line is moving faster so the customer gets out of line and into the line with f/c/w thereby cutting in front of at least one other person.

3: Some point after there is an altercation. Customer claims the person she cut in front of shoved her and was racially abusive. - Witnesses say it was the other way around and that customer shoved the items of the person she cut in front of out of the way.

4: In assessing the situation manager asks customer to leave the store. - Customer says manager was racially abusive.

5: In the meanwhile police were called - Customer was asked by police to calm down and leave the store. - Customer claims police were abusive both racially and just in general.

6: Police arrest customer who won't calm down - customer claims it is because she is of a particular race.

Now in all of this I can see two possible plausible explanations.

A: Everyone involved in the story is a closet/open racist prick and was truthfully against this woman who claims to have done nothing wrong. The woman was actually wronged for being of a different race.

B: The race card was pulled to defend an action the woman in question knows was wrong. The woman got belligerent/upset and pulled the race card in an attempt to cow everyone else into backing down and not try to call her on her suckiness.

Now IMO B is the more likely explanation based on the evidence presented in the video and article. I say this based on the fact that I find it much more likely that maybe, MAYBE 1 person involved is in fact a racist prick. But every witness in the store?

Also the woman admits that she did nothing wrong, she was just joining her f/c/w in line. - This is a self justifying statement. She wouldn't say this if she felt she did nothing wrong. Again this is IMO. Scenario A is just as likely and is what the article, video, and woman seem to be trying to push as how things went down.

It is most likely that a mix of A and B are in fact the truth.

Comment

Bottom line is you HAVE to do what a police officer tells you to do, as long as it's a lawful order. She should have just left the store and taken her business somewhere else. What's wrong with that??? Then she could have complained to the proper agency or agencies later.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    I think the reason the commentors are being slightly racist is because the woman IS claiming the incident was racially motivated not because of her actions.
                    The way I worded that, perhaps it wasn't clear that I meant it's unlikely that the woman's arrest was racially motivated.

BUT it does NOT in any way, shape or from make it OK for some of those commentors to make racist remarks. It's disgusting.

If real racism didn't exist then nobody would be able to play the race card. It wouldn't have any power.
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

95% of the time we have to have someone arrested at our mall, which has an 'All Fart' (which is where most of the arrests come from) the people always claim they were singled-out for being black/hispanic. Um, no, it's because you were caught stealing, because you just weren't doing a good job of being sneaky! I guess it's because all of our officers just happen to be white(ish) so of course, we're racist.
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I've had police falsely accuse ME of being a criminal AND have had store clerks accuse me of shoplifting. Last time I checked I have white skin. Maybe it just looks "dark" to some people.

Comment

Sometimes it also depends on how you're dressed and how you're acting; sometimes people look like they're doing something when they're not, sometimes they actually are, sometimes they just look...off.
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

She took a plea bargain:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/20/...ial/index.html

Under the agreement -- reached after the jury received the case for deliberations -- Heather Ellis will plead guilty to disturbing the peace and resisting arrest. She will serve a year of unsupervised probation, attend an anger management course and serve four days in jail before the end of the year.
                            Quote Dalesys:
                            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

AH HA HA HA HA HA HAAA!!!!!!
                              She took a plea bargain???? Hmmmm.... Now what was it that Ms Ellis said about Plea bargains in the original article? Oh yeah....

"Why would you take a plea bargain if you're innocent?"

Comment

Working...
                              X