Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a Finnish Spitz? (Cute puppy warning)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a Finnish Spitz? (Cute puppy warning)

I've decided to do more work on my Finnish Spitz (Finkie) site and threw in the AKC and UKC standards as well as a "what is a Finnish Spitz" page.

Feedback is appreciated (and if I have any wrong information, please let me know!).

http://www.finnish-spitz.com/?page_id=39

It includes the "Good / Bad / Ugly" section that my other sites include.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

He looks like a fox. So cute!

But would you call him a Fitz or a Spinnish?
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Like little children not eating their vegetables:

Spinach Fits.

(and both are a "she").
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Typo in this sentence in the last paragraph:

The fact that they’re very primitive means they have many wold-like instincts.

Comment

Fixed. Spell checker didn't pick it up.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

*nods*

That's why it's always good to have a proofreader.

At some point after the holiday, I'd be happy to take a red pen to the text for grammatical inconsistencies and flow. I'm a terrible writer, but a fantastic editor.

Comment

Nice site!

My beloved boy was a spitz of a different type (Eskimo) but the tempermant seems right on.

This little red dog is a cutie! I love the sharp little faces on spitz breeds. Just lovely.

Comment

Adorable. One of my friends has a Finnish Spitz. Hyperactive little thing. So cute though. Site looks good.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Oh wow! What a cute dog! I'll recommend it to my mom, she's thinking about getting one. Nice website too
                  !
                  "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Nice site! That's the first time I've heard of the term Finkie. Then again, I'm a proud Schippie (Schipperke) owner.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

adorable puppies=)

though i prefer scheiferhunds [shepherds] and will try to get a shepherd instead of a retriever as a service dog when the time comes [even though the retriever has a softer mouth] they look quite nice, very smart looking [unlike my norwegian elkhound that was a few bricks shy of a load - she took her 3 puppies out for a walk and lost one but we found it living about 5 blocks away and the people wanted to keep it, so it worked out fine ]

I would be willing to bet that the spitz is fantastic with kids. I love the way they do look like foxes, the coat is beautiful, and the faces are adorable. You should take some videos of them playing and put it on youtube or embed it in your site, it would accent it quite nicely. Really ... I would love to see videos
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                        Nice site! That's the first time I've heard of the term Finkie. Then again, I'm a proud Schippie (Schipperke) owner.
                        A mini groenendael!!

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                        adorable puppies=)

though i prefer scheiferhunds [shepherds] and will try to get a shepherd instead of a retriever as a service dog when the time comes [even though the retriever has a softer mouth] they look quite nice, very smart looking [unlike my norwegian elkhound that was a few bricks shy of a load - she took her 3 puppies out for a walk and lost one but we found it living about 5 blocks away and the people wanted to keep it, so it worked out fine ]

I would be willing to bet that the spitz is fantastic with kids. I love the way they do look like foxes, the coat is beautiful, and the faces are adorable. You should take some videos of them playing and put it on youtube or embed it in your site, it would accent it quite nicely. Really ... I would love to see videos
                        My wife has a team of service dogs - a collie (99% retired - he's 11 years old), a Belgian Malinois, and a German shepherds. She's also training our second GSD to do service work and pull her on a cart.

When the collie and older Belgian go we're seriously considering a vlcak.
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post

When the collie and older Belgian go we're seriously considering a vlcak.
                          Handsome dog, resembles the wolf/shepherd hybrid I had back in the 90s. Of course, you need to buy a vowel [or mug a hawaiian for one of theirs]

Looks like it may happen sooner than I expected, got voice mail from my rheumatologist asking me to call them back. I guess my MRI turned out ugly ... but I won't know until monday because they closed the damned office at noon today, and they called me at 1150
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Our collie breeder in in central NJ and we also know a very good GSD breeder there, too. If you need a service dog and wouldn't mind the drive (don't forget you're talking to someone who drove from Ft Lauderdale to northern Virginia and back in 3 days to get a puppy).

Training it would be a different story. The GSD breeder is also a dog trainer (my wife's mentor) and may be willing to work with you over training, too. (He's train the dog and then you'd pick it up - maybe spend a day there w/ the dog and him going over "the basics" - plus you might end up with a schutzhund service dog!).
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                              Our collie breeder in in central NJ and we also know a very good GSD breeder there, too. If you need a service dog and wouldn't mind the drive (don't forget you're talking to someone who drove from Ft Lauderdale to northern Virginia and back in 3 days to get a puppy).

Training it would be a different story. The GSD breeder is also a dog trainer (my wife's mentor) and may be willing to work with you over training, too. (He's train the dog and then you'd pick it up - maybe spend a day there w/ the dog and him going over "the basics" - plus you might end up with a schutzhund service dog!).
                              Depends, apparently service dogs for us gimps are trained a bit differently than most, they pick up and fetch, open doors, tow wheelchairs and there are specialty trainers for them [or so i have been told] The whole idea is sort of odd ... I keep refusing to consider getting that powerchair, and a service critter, in some sort of denial [honest, if I dont get gimp stuff, im not a real gimp.... ] Not to mention that I am still unemployed, and pretty much cant afford a dog or trainer at this time. Christ on a crutch [heh] I can't even get tri-care to spring for orthotics, and I am a diabetic with foot issues ... figure on getting a powerchair and service animal.

Comment

Working...
                              X