Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder if Hallmark makes a Father's Day card to cover this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Hallmark makes a Father's Day card to cover this.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...es-Manson.html

What would YOU do if you found out your father was someone like Charles manson?
    Last edited by Sheldonrs; 11-24-2009, 04:46 PM.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

That's some freaky stuff. I honestly wouldn't know what I'd do if I ever was in that situation and found out that my biological father was somebody like Manson.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I feel a lot of sympathy for the guy, I am certain now people will be judging him on his father and not himself.

Brings in the whole question of nature vs nurture ... and while I do believe that some people are just born wrong, *how* you are raised is more important than who your genes come from [barring genetically born diseases of course]

I think if I had found out my dad was Manson, I would have tried to keep the information totally suppressed ... I am sure he considers his adoptive dad as his father, and it should not matter who the sperm source was.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

i feel bad for him
        cos he's reported to be a pacifist
        and now he's got this to deal with

Comment

I'm being serious when I say, the timing of this article is horrible considering last week's episode of Criminal Minds. The episode opens showing how serial killers have a certain pattern of brain chemistry. Manson was one of the people shown.

Obviously there are going to be some ignorant people who will judge him on his biological father and not himself. But i just can't help having someone say "The Criminal Minds show showed that killers got brain issues from birth. And he's the son of one of them ain't he?"

I feel really sorry for the guy. I kind of wonder if maybe he'd been better off not searching in the first place.
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Its stories like these that make me NOT want to find my bio-rents. I'm sure they were/are just regular folks.....but there is always that "what if" factor
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
            X