X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gossiping at work

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34149723...iness-careers/

-----I SO want to print out that news piece and sneak into the break room at my wife's job and post it on the bulleting board.

The people running the place there have no clue whatsoever how the rampant gossiping OPENLY pisses off the other workers and has hurt my wife many times. One woman is ALWAYS running her mouth to other workers about how stupid my wife and other people working there are and how they never do their jobs. The ONLY time that they dont do that shit around my wife is when I go to their corporate dinners because I WILL go off on them straight up and right to their face and tell them to quit harassing my wife because that's a trait that, well, I got from my dad.

Great article! I can't tell you about all the drama the gossip mongers cause at work with all the gossiping they do (I've experienced it first hand in the worst way as being the subject of workplace gossip). So glad that where I work doesn't do that.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

The gossiping in my old department got so out of hand regarding Ramsay (remember that asshole?) and the young girl he had an affair with that that poor girl had to transfer departments so she didn't have to suffer the constant harrassment and gossiping from Ann and her flock of cows.

I love the thicker skin I've grown from working there. If only I'd been that ballsy as a teen in school. I'm not afraid to go up to someone and ask them (not in a threatening way) if they have a problem with me or what their deal is, and tell them to knock it off. What are they gonna do, run to the boss and tell on me for asking them why they are talking crap and whine that I scared them by confronting them and telling them to stop?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

the military is notorious for this, which is why the word "scuttlebut" applies to both gossip and the water fountain.

and yeah sometimes it's hurtful, like when they talk about the woman who was so drunk she shat her pants in public. (especially since it was true)

and sometimes it's actually funny. like when my chief pulled me aside one day to talk to me about my ... pregnancy? (and no it wasn't true)

Comment

Working...
        X