This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    Blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda I'm so stuffy, give me a scone.
    I want a bagel instead.

RE: coupons with exceptions--The swamp started doing this sometime last year, I think. Whenever we do our damn Senior Days, people over 55 get 15% off their total purchase, except for household supplies (toilet paper, laundry detergent, cleaners, and so forth), electronics and a few other things. I can't speak for the other things, but I do know electronics and household supplies are two areas where we generally make little to no profit.

It doesn't stop the seniors from buying those things, though.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Yeah, I don't think this article is quite so bad either.

She's not recommending you scream at the peons; she prefers getting managers involved. And that's what they're there for.

And pushing extended warranties, credit cards, and upselling is sleazy anyway, and not something I like to experience when shopping.
      Most everyone I know (myself included) feels this way. Why then, do corporations get it through their heads that these things help to build "good customer relationships"?

Oh wait, I know! "customer relationships" is corporate code for "profit".
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Took the words right out of my mouth, you did.

Every time we get the pep talk about our extended protection plan sales, the managers are always telling us how we're doing the customer a "disservice" by failing to adequately talk up the EPP, and how EPPs are a "great solution" for the customer.

A solution to what problem, exactly? That the customer has too much money?
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
        X