This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars with real dogs

I've kept it no secret where I find it annoying when I see people flaunting dogs like they're an accessory. Some stars are the worst with this and all I do is roll my eyes.

I've also acknowledged respect towards people with what I call real dogs (shepherds, etc..) and they're not an accessory. I've posted about Eva Mendes before:

http://www.celebritydogwatcher.com/c...es/eva-mendes/

(Google +"Eva Mendes" +malinois" (bold, with + and quotes) for many more pictures)

She has a working line malinois - the sixth picture shows the affection they have for each other (note the malinois' ears in that picture - all the way back (a.k.a "seal head") is a sign of strong affection in the breed).

Well, I found another one last night. What got me is that the picture is old, even before people in this country knew what a Belgian shepherd was, let alone a malinois.

(BTW - I think that picture is great!).
    My wife thinks it's a German shepherd but honestly, back in those days (until the mid 1930s in Germany - a little later in the USA) the two breeds were extremely similar in size and shape (we didn't see the modern GSD coloring come out until during WWII and the modern American angulated dog until the 1970s/ 1980s in the USA). It could be an old style malinois (at most this is a handful of generations past the "continental shepherd").

I've looked her up and there are a lot of pictures with her, here is one with her and a borzoi (one of the sight hounds, like a greyhound, whippet, Italian greyhound etc..).

There are many more pictures with her and animals (considering in those days photographs were not easy or cheap!) - she must have been a *real* dog lover.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I guess I'm not sure what you mean "real dog" and "real dog lover"? Seems like you're saying that all actors should have a large dog to prove they are a real dog lover?

Not picking on you- just wondering what you mean?

These folks all look like they love their dogs- big and small:
    http://www.wikifido.com/page/Celebrities+and+Their+Dogs
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

a real dog lover owns dogs that he/she does not treat like a fashion accessory or a small baby surrogate.

I admit, I have a preference for large dogs. I have yet to meet a tiny yappy crap mutt I could tolerate thanks to overbreeding them into little hyperactive hysterical yappy morons. The less 'bred up' the better to me. My favorite companion ever was my wolf hybrid Llugh. [I got him a membership in the SCA once, I still get mail for him =) I really miss him.] I wouldn't recommend a wolf hybrid to very many people though, they are very different from dogs psychologically speaking.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I will admit, I often joke that any dog that weighs less than my cat shouldn't be called a dog anymore.
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          a real dog lover owns dogs that he/she does not treat like a fashion accessory or a small baby surrogate.
          That's a good way to put it. Even small dogs can be real dogs if they are treated as such and not as an accessory.

I mean Eva Mendes - she has a malinois and it is not only her picture but also her guardian (protection trained).

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
          I will admit, I often joke that any dog that weighs less than my cat shouldn't be called a dog anymore.
          That's funny.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
          X