X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIME Magazine: Cell Phones do NOT cause cancer

http://time.blogs.com/daily_rx/2006/12/cellphones.html

Quoth Article
    The 420,000 participants averaged about 8.5 years of cell phone use, although some of them had been using cell phones for as long as 21 years. But there was not even a hint of an increase in brain cancer incidence the longer they used the phone.
    >++++++++[<+++++++++>-]<+.>>>++++[<++++++++>-]<.<++++++[<++++++>-]<+.>+++[<--->-]<..-.>>.<<---.>>.<+++[<+++>-]<++.---.---.-.>+++++[<----------->-]<.

Yea, I figured that. Still doesn't give people the OK to have that phone strapped to their head 24/7.
    "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

With the advent of those Bluetooth earpieces, I've played (after getting the idea from the Zits comic strip) a fun new game: "On the phone or Off their meds?"

But seriously, if you need to be on the phone incredibly often, you probably need to rethink something. Take a break, have some fun, get people to start emailing you instead or something!
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

E-mail's cheaper anyway. At least it is as far as I'm concerned. You'd have thought phone calls in Japan would be reasonably priced, but nooooooo you call someone two feet too far away and you're paying $50 for a half hour.
        No good news is good bad news

Comment

IMO, everything and nothing causes cancer, since even the most healthy of people can get cancer these days.

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
            IMO, everything and nothing causes cancer, since even the most healthy of people can get cancer these days.
            Except many smokers, oddly. So many of them manage to live into their 90's, and I, being a nonsmoker, will probably die before I hit 50.
            No good news is good bad news

Comment

Quoth Cedophile View Post
              Except many smokers, oddly. So many of them manage to live into their 90's, and I, being a nonsmoker, will probably die before I hit 50.
              To paraphrase Bill Hicks "The doctors can do stuff for you if you've cancer, the can't fix you of being healthy".
              ludo ergo sum

Comment

And in 3 years that decision will be reversed again.

That does seem to be the trend doesn't it?
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                X