This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• student banned from HS yearbook

... for making a happy/goofy face for the yearbook picture. School Admins think it was a "gang sign"

http://www.parentdish.com/2009/12/03...ing-funny-face

can I get a MEEEPPPPP from everyone?????
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

As before... O.o Wow.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

What the heck?!
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

sadly, this isn't the first time i've seen something like this. but the "gang sign" part is new...last time i heard it happening was for ruining the general look of the book
        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
        ^_^

Comment

during middle/high school, if the school wanted to ban something, they'd just say it was "gang related"

yo-yos, lanyards, non-prescription glasses, certain types of clothes, cell phones....
          To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
          my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Gee, what a menace to society she is! I mean, she's got her mouth wide open and her hair's all messed up! If that doesn't say "cold-hearted gang banger" I don't know what does!

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
              during middle/high school, if the school wanted to ban something, they'd just say it was "gang related"

yo-yos, lanyards, non-prescription glasses, certain types of clothes, cell phones....
              my highschool tried banning a font. "old english," which is apparently used by gang bangers, wasn't allowed on clothing, posters, cars, projects...
              Attached Files
              If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
              ^_^

Comment

Lol. I dont know ANY 15 year old girls willing to make an ass outta themselves in the yearbook... so good for her! I love that they made Tshirts....HAH! I hope she wears it to school.

Comment

Okay that is just Ridiculous! I don't see how making a goofy grin reflects negatively on the appearance of the school. But this news report will.
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Wish I had access to the photo still; twas a grade school (junior high) photo I saw online where one of the students, a white boy, was dressed in what appeared to be 70's style clothing with matching huge-ass afro.
                    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

when i was in high school, each grade had their pictures taken on a different day, and my senior year a friend of mine came in on each of the 4 days with different colored hair (blonde, red, brown, black), and had her picture taken with each grade. somehow it was never caught and now she's in my senior yearbook as a freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior.
                      My Space

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        ... for making a happy/goofy face for the yearbook picture. School Admins think it was a "gang sign"
                        The school admins need to pull their heads out of their nether regions. Kids do goofy stuff like this all the time. You should see the silly grins my son made when he got his Christmas pictures taken (he finally made a nice smile, and we used that pose for his picture package).

I just glanced through my old yearbook, and there are plenty of goofy grins, including my own (though that wasn't intentional! ).
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This is news to people? My schools let people get away with murder, but still. If you messed around with your picture, purposely making an ass out of yourself, it wasn't going in the yearbook. This was just common knowledge. Why does it surprise anyone that a school would do this?
                          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                            This is news to people? My schools let people get away with murder, but still. If you messed around with your picture, purposely making an ass out of yourself, it wasn't going in the yearbook. This was just common knowledge. Why does it surprise anyone that a school would do this?
                            Yeah, it doesn't surprise me either. At my school, they would have made them retake the picture. (The photographer always came back a couple of weeks after the initial 'shoot' to catch all the kids who were absent.) True, the school shouldn't have used the gang sign card. They should have just said, "Retake the picture or you're not in the yearbook. Why? Because you made an ass of yourself out of some desperate need for attention."
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

i remember for my high school yearbook ... one of the girls in a class ahead of mine, wanted her senior phrase to be printed up backwards or something like that.

they said no, so she just wrote it all out in reverse

then she had to show them that her post wasn't anything nasty.

some other student had a comment about a magic bus or a party van, and was told they couldn't put that in

and that was back in the late 80s

sounds like times haven't changed much.

they don't really want to show individuals. they jsut want carbon copy cutouts of stepford children

Comment

Working...
                              X