Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 days in jail for a noise violation?

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/1...ailed001.shtml

30 days in jail, 2 years probation, in those 2 years, she can't have "overnight visitors" unless they are immediate family, 100 hours of community service, submit to daily testing for alcohol consumption, and random, once a month drug testing.

All for a friend who was outside talking on her cell phone, and a neighbor likes to complain.

But it's obviously not just one neighbor. There was a petition that 14 neighbors signed:
    The judge may have been swayed by a petition signed by 14 neighbors of Granata on Donald Street, complaining that the home is a "flop house" and the site of frequent noise and parties with people visiting and parking their cars on the street at all hours.
    The police had already been at the house once that night, and on previous occasions.

Yes, I think the punishment is a bit harsh, but you can't believe the "sweet & innocent wouldn't do anything wrong ever" story that the father is telling.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

i tihnk that is a bit too harsh for making some noise. before one of the roomates came to live with us, she was up north, and she broke into her neighbors house, stole a phone, and called her boyfriend. all she has is two year probation. she didn't have to do any jail time, she didn't have any community service. and that included breaking and entering. i think its crazy...

Comment

Drug testing and visits from a probation officer for a noise violation? WTH?
        Last edited by Cia; 12-07-2006, 04:45 PM. Reason: Can't think on Thursdays.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Good lord, how noisy was those parties?

And in the cops and neighbors' defense, the cops had been out twice that day already and they'd been told to not have people outside the house being loud and annoying, so the claim that the ticket was entirely due to someone outside the house on her cell is not completely accurate.

Comment

I have a feeling that a whole bunch of crap was going on at that house and by this chick, and the cops were sick of being called out there and being ignored. When they finally got something they could arrest and charge her for, they did and threw the book at her.

People don't spend time in jail and then get on probation for being Girl Scouts. There's more to this.

Comment

I'd like to see the court documents and records for the case. I can't see anything on thesmokinggun.com.

I'd say this report is more one-sided than many PFB letters. I am definitely on the skeptic side so far.

Rapscallion

Comment

That county is right next to mine, Michigan is always strange on their laws. One thing that'll be bugging me is how does drugs have to do with anything she got in trouble for?
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Alcohol is a drug. She has drug testing cause of the partying that is supposedly going on. They want to make sure that nothing illegal is happening there. I have a saying, If you hear something from one person, it is dismissable, but from 15, there is something going on.

I am skeptical here. I also would love to see the court documents.
                  Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

I just googled her name and everything that comes up seems to support the woman. I can't find any court records either, though.
                    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Working...
                    X