X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit & Run

or Roadkill, literally.

A woman in Florida, driving without a license, hits 2 girls on a scooter, aged 10 & 13.
    Several witnesses saw her stop her SUV, get out, and tell the injured girls something to the effect of "That's what you get for playing in the street."
    Then she gets back into her SUV and drives off like nothing happened.

So what do you do after you cause a serious accident while driving without a license and fleeing the scene? Go to 7-11, which is where the police arrested her shortly after the accident.

The older of the 2 girls was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
    The 10 year old was pronounced dead at the hospital.
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Pardon my French...but that's fucked up! At least the bitch (and I'm being nice) got caught.

People like that are *exactly* why I tend to watch out for the neighborhood kids if I'm outside. We get too many idiots who go way over the speed limit. I'm always afraid that my neighbor's kid (the little girl who comes over to play with the kitties) is going to get hit. She usually rides her scooter or bike in the street during the summer. As such, that's why I'm also very careful when I'm driving. If I hit her, or one of the other kids...I don't know how I'd live with myself
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

That's why some neighborhoods have taken to putting speed bumps in.

Comment

That's...just horrible!

And I'm sure that woman will get a lawyer to make excuses like her license was unfairly taken away, the girls just darted out in front of her, etc. Sick sick sick!!!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I am not a religous person, buit I honestly think that a prayer for the family of the two young girls would not be untoward in the slightest.

Also, a prayer that said stuck-up bitch gets a nickname like 'Glove' in prison.

Comment

This is the part that gets me:

She told officers she didn't stay with the girls because she saw people were by their side, including one person who was performing CPR on Darness, Slater said.
              Oh, well, that makes it okay then.
              My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I hope the judge throws the book at that bitch.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My prayers are with the family of the girls. And I hope that horrible woman will burn in hell for all eternity.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

2nd Degree Murder I'd say. The fact that she stopped, tried to tell off the girls, obviously saw the damage she did, and just drove off doesn't make it manslaughter in my eyes.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

From what I could glean from the related articles, It seemed that the driver swerved with intent to hit the two girls, as well. I'm a bit rusty on my legalese, but, if that's proven in court, the charge would be First-degree murder. (Which, if I'm remembering correctly, boils down to premeditated act causing death)

All things considered, the best we can hope for is that justice is served.

Comment

Maybe she should realize that driving in this country is a priviledge. You do NOT have a right to drive.

Comment

Working...
                        X