This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad I don't work here!

I occasionally frequent a site called Emails from Crazy People- it's really funny. Today there was an email up that was sent to all the employees of a Manhattan restaurant called Paradou. In the email, the manager (I think) goes on a swearing tirade at all his employees because they haven't been collecting enough emails from the customers and threatens them with fines and unemployment. I was just wondering what you guys think about the way this guy runs his business- is it even legal to fire his employees for this?
    In any case, for whatever reason he wants customer's emails, this will only hurt his restaurant because the servers will annoy the customers mercilessly and drive away repeat business. So my opinion is he's an idiot.

http://emailsfromcrazypeople.com/200...low-workplace/
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Damn, you beat me to it.

Comment

gee that e-mail makes me want to eat at his place.

Comment

Hmm, last time I saw a scathing email like this sent out, the company that the writer was the CEO for watched his stock go from top in the industry to practically worthless before he ever set foot inside the doors. Looks like I can see a repeat of that.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I feel sorry for the employees, but I hope that assholes buisness goes under.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Good service that doesn't hound you for personal information would probably do more to bring in business.

And somehow I doubt fining your employees 100 bucks for that would be legal.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Geez, I got much more legit stuff than that to be pissed about at the swamp, and even I don't get that worked up about it.

There's gotta be no way in hell docking an employee $100 for failing to get e-mail addresses is legal. But he probably can fire an employee for not getting them. At-will employment and all that.

I think we all know which restaurant in Manhattan we'll never patronize, or take a job at.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

http://emailsfromcrazypeople.com/200...kplace-part-2/

Comment

How is this guy not been arrested or at least questioned by police?

Comment

Obviously, making threats on a person's life is not acceptable.

But egging on people making terrorist threats against you, your family and your business, and who might be willing and able to carry them out? That's beyond retarded.

Guy's a moron and a tool and an abusive douche.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What an asshole. I hope karma pays him one hellacious visit and gives him a much needed kick in the ass.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                      X