X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious Kitty Cats and the Christmas Tree

I especially like the "Before" and "After" pictures of the Christmas tree:

A Cats Christmas
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Ha haha ha Ha HA! That was great!
    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Hehehe I put up the tree last night. So far, the kitty is just hiding under it. He's a bit confused as to why there's a plastic tree in his living room though. It doesn't have any ornaments on it right now. He hasn't tried to climb it yet, and other than batting the sales tag and rubbing his ears on the lower branches, he's leaving the tree alone. We'll see what he's been up to when I get home tonight.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

That was precious . . . but that poor tree though.

Sometime I'll dig up the pics I've got from a few Christmases back of a couple of rambuctious kittens playing in the tree (Autumn and his late brother Taterbug.)

We've been lucky with this current tree (which we bought last year and have kept up in our living room all year long.) We haven't had any cats try to climb in the tree, but we've had a few that would get underneath and sleep on the tree skirt.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My cat does that when we have a tree (haven't for a couple of years, since our place is too small). My tree skirt is felt applique and took a LOT of time to make, and he thinks it's a kitty bed. (Actually, I think it's cute when he curls up under the tree like a furry present, except the time I caught him trying to pull up an applique.)

The bird wants nothing to do with Christmas trees, at least not the artificial one we used to have.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

My cat just likes to sleep under the tree (He's 15 pounds and about 7 years old). He will bat at the ornaments on the lower branches, though and sometimes knocks them off.

It's really funny because he'll be walking by and notice one of the ornaments swinging. You can see the war between maintaining his dignity and the temptation of the moving object. Temptation usually wins . Then he quickly walks away with the "no one saw anything" cattitude.
            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

My two cats are afraid of our tree. They don't go under it over into it or circle around it. They both sit on the couch on their hind legs across from it and just stare at it, really, really confused. Poor kitties. The tree just ruined their living room.
              Do I dare
              Disturb the universe?
              In a minute there is time
              For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Comment

Perhaps because we always have a real tree, our cats have never given us Christmas tree trouble. Maybe they don't like chewing on pine or something. I don't know.

However, a couple of years ago there was a minor incident when one of my parents' cats, the Nipple Queen, felt compelled to give another cat, Max, a present. She painstakingly selected just the right mouse and brought it to him in the living room. Max, who always was sort of a wuss, didn't know what to do with the mouse and ran away from it instead. The mouse, making the best of the situation, darted into the Christmas presents and vanished into the knee-high labyrinth my mother always creates around the tree.

Actually, I myself created the most alarming tree incident, despite the fact that we've always had cats. When I was five or six I was comtemplating our extremely fragil and extremely thin blown-glass Christmas tree topper and then decided, why not, to take a big bite out of it and start chewing.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                  Actually, I myself created the most alarming tree incident, despite the fact that we've always had cats. When I was five or six I was comtemplating our extremely fragil and extremely thin blown-glass Christmas tree topper and then decided, why not, to take a big bite out of it and start chewing.
                  I don't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for you, your parents, or both?
                  "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

At least cats don't have the same problem dogs (especially male) do with trees (especially real ones).
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I've had an assortment of dogs over the years and none of them have ever mistaken the tree for a toilet. However, I did learn that my Dalmation had a thing for pepermint, and shortly afterwards candy canes were banned from the ornament list.

Comment

Quoth Maevis View Post
                        I've had an assortment of dogs over the years and none of them have ever mistaken the tree for a toilet. However, I did learn that my Dalmation had a thing for pepermint, and shortly afterwards candy canes were banned from the ornament list.
                        My dog was like that too, and was good at stealing them. We hung them up wrapped, and those are tough enough to get off for a human. At night, he would sneak up, grab one, unwrap it , and eat it!

The next morning, all there was was a completely intact wrapper for a candy cane by the tree and a very satisfied looking dog.

We never did figure out how he managed it.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Crosshair View Post
                          I don't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for you, your parents, or both?
                          Probably me. I had the presence of mind to realize I'd done something wrong when my mom freaked out, at least. However, I clamped my mouth shut and wouldn't open it when she ran over to me. She had to slap me before I would.

Then, everyone had to wait while she hauled me to the bathroom, washed my mouth out, made me brush my teeth, checked, washed my mouth out again, washed out the toothbrush, made me brush again...

I remember that tree topper very well. It was made of reddish-purple glass and looked like three balls stacked on top of each other with a spike on top of that. Each ball had a sunken-in place on it, and inside there was a big glitter star. If memory serves me, I bit down on the spike on top.
                          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

That's too funny Haunted. Your Mom and dad have quite a story now.

When my dad was little (18 mos or so), he decided to give the Christmas tree a hug...effectively knocking it over. Twice.

He always was a demon child...lol
                            Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Working...
                            X