This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Alice in Wonderland?

As an interesting footnote to the discussion in this thread, uk cinema chains are threatening to boycott Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/...derland-burton

Now pulling trailers out of existing films is a pain, but I missed that part cos I am still off work sick with my broken wrist. But that is nothing to the grief staff working downstairs will get around release time, if it isn't resolved.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Okay, this is rich. Well, one specific quote, anyway.

Quoth The Linked Article
    But UK exhibitors argue that a family film such as Alice in Wonderland is less threatened by the World Cup than other titles.

Tim Burton? Family film?

Comment

Tim Burton pulled off a PG rating for this film. PG! I am so afraid I am going to be disappointed.
      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Awwww. That is so sad!

I am excited for this film. I'm going to see it during my Spring Break. =)
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I'll probably go see it, but of course people are going to be taking their kids to this, under the impression that it's a re-make of the Disney version.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
            Tim Burton? Family film?
            Yeah, no doubt. Particularly when, by the looks of it, he did a mix between the original Lewis Carol version and the American McGee game, throwing in his own warpness into it.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

The first thought I had was that maybe it was because Avril Lavine is doing the title song
              !
              "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

So it seems he was able to get a "fantasy violence" rating - I guess since it is unrealistic and cartoonish, he can get away with more and still get the PG. I hope.
                "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

More on this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/...disney-cinemas

Royal premier tomorrow at the Odeon in Leicester Square, but it is Odeon (with about a quarter of uk cinema business) that are still fighting.

I'm kind of interested what people think. Should DVDs come out sooner? Do you prefer downloads and home viewing to cinema? Do pirate copies tempt you in the weeks betwwen cinema and DVD release? Or is piracy the way to go, simply because it is free?
                  Last edited by cinema guy; 02-23-2010, 10:44 PM.

Comment

i thought the film was getting the boycott threat over the fact that disney was planning on pumping out the DVDs sooner than normal.

that the cinema wants a guaranteed run of 4 months before the dvds come out?

Comment

That's right. Normally it is 17 weeks - Disney want to shorten that.

Comment

Working...
                      X