This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Million dollar comic book

Action Comics number 1 sells for $1 million.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

And Batman has just beat Superman!

Comment

As cool as it might be to own the very first Superman or Batman comic, in excellent shape, what the Hell do you do with it? Frame it on the wall? Stick it in a safe? I am not a collector; I’ve never really understood the concept of spending money on stuff so you can pile it on a shelf.

If I'm going to spend a million dollars on something, I better be able to live in it or perhaps travel under the sea in it.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        I’ve never really understood the concept of spending money on stuff so you can pile it on a shelf.
        This. There are also message boards for people that collect sealed vintage (Atari 2600, NES) videogames.

Comment

Sealed so they can't even play them? Maybe they just want to sell them in the future and hope the price will go up? Not my kind of investment plan...

We have a million books but we actually use them, and don't usually spend much to buy them.

Comment

Sometimes the point is just to collect stuff. Like ccgs, miniatures, books etc, etc.

Comment

Actually I guess I can kind of understand. I paint miniatures but don't play any games so when I am finished painting them I give them to my nephews or throw them in a box. But I DID something with them, you know? I think you'd be afraid to even read your Action Comic #1 because as soon as you open it the value would go down.

Comment

Even doing nothing with Minatures is more than you'd do with stuff like that. Minatures you can paint and it doesn't really matter if you play a game with them or not, as at least you have the option to and the value of it isn' changed at all.
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Collector's fever. Hubby is the same with all of his Nascar die-cast cars.

He claims these are going to help fund our son's college tuition in 15 years... umm only if you 1) sell them and 2) people want to buy them.

In the meantime, they take up the shelves on the wall, have about 1/2 inch of dust, and the closet has absolutely no room to move in. le sigh. But at least it makes him happy.

I can't imagine spending a million dollars on a comic book, though. Boggling.
                  Make a list of important things to do today.
                  At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                  Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

The act of hunting something down, finding something you haven't seen before, getting a great price, or paying too much for something, or trading with someone on the far side of the globe is the fun part of collecting.

Comment

I guess this would be a bad place to admit that 2 boxes (half-sized comic book boxes) went into the dumpster when we moved into the apartment we currently live in because I got tired of hauling them around.

Of course, there weren't any that were rare, or expensive, as the last comic store I took them to in order to try and sell them told me.

The comics I collected were the ones I liked, and read more than once.

Eric the Grey
                      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                      X