X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Princess Bride Personality Quiz

I am Buttercup:
    You are Buttercup, your beauty is beyond compare and only marred by your misery. You live your life hoping for the return of your one and only true love. Until then you will continue to lament but you may marry someone else to pass the time!

Quoth Lurking Sockpuppet View Post
    You are Buttercup, your beauty is beyond compare and only marred by your misery. You live your life hoping for the return of your one and only true love. Until then you will continue to lament but you may marry someone else to pass the time!
    Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
    Oh no I'm Buttercup!
    Sorry, forgot to do this. But I am a Westly.

So uh.. heh heh heh... Hey baby... Wanna do it?? Ah heh heh heh heh.... I said do it....
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Vizzini! Exactly how I planned it 'cause I'm a fething genius!
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I'm Vizzini? Sure ok! Excuse me while I go and laugh myself to death!

Comment

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_im...ultvalerie.jpg

I got Valerie lol
          miracle max's witch wife

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
            Go rent it bro. Its awesome.

Key note though: Don't read the book after watching the movie. The ending of the book is ALOT different then the movie.

But watch movie. Movie is awesome. Movie is what made me want love.

Yeah, I'll have to rent it or buy it sometime.

As far as the book, likely not. I greatly admire those that are big readers, but with my short attention span, and wandering mind, I have trouble staying with it.

About the only time I can get myself to read much more than a newspapaer or magazine article, is at bedtime. But that doesn't usually work out very well, because I may only get through a couple pages or so then.....

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

I am Westley.

"As you wish."
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                Yeah, I'll have to rent it or buy it sometime.

As far as the book, likely not. I greatly admire those that are big readers, but with my short attention span, and wandering mind, I have trouble staying with it.

About the only time I can get myself to read much more than a newspapaer or magazine article, is at bedtime. But that doesn't usually work out very well, because I may only get through a couple pages or so then.....

Mike
                You want to see the movie. Forget the book. It's unbelieveably long. I read the edited version and that was still long. It's full of nonsense that has no bearing on the movie at all.

Had a friend set up a screen in his backyard and a big group of us went over for a movie and BBQ. When the guys found out we'd be watching Princess Bride, they all made fun, but when it started, EVERY SINGLE GUY there was reciting lines.

BTW, I got Buttercup too.

Comment

I got Westley....but im a girl? Must i be the dread pirate roberts and make out with beautiful women?

Ok then...

Comment

Quoth Aut View Post
                    You want to see the movie. Forget the book. It's unbelieveably long. I read the edited version and that was still long. It's full of nonsense that has no bearing on the movie at all.

BTW, I got Buttercup too.
                    That the joke btw... The edited version IS the real book. Part of William Goldman little joke that he edited his version from S Morgenstern.

Not a long book in anyrate. Only 500 pages.
                    Military Spouse Support.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                      That the joke btw... The edited version IS the real book. Part of William Goldman little joke that he edited his version from S Morgenstern.

Not a long book in anyrate. Only 500 pages.
                      See. I didn't know that. Jokes on me, lol. But it still did seem long to me with all the rambling.

Comment

Looks like I'm...

You are Miracle Max. Everyone turns to you to solve their problems but you always have a price! There is nothing you cannot do, no problem beyond your miraculous intellect, providing some cold, hard cash is involved.

Not bad at all.
                        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post

Mike
                          I've been like that lately, myself. And I am a big reader. Some days it's all I can do to get through Gravekeeper's Sunday post.

Edit: My roommate is Inigo Montoya.
                          (We giggled at the "who is closest to you" question's "albino" option...because at the moment, I am the person physically closest to her, and I am very pale. )
                          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 04-20-2010, 10:44 PM.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_im...ultvalerie.jpg

I got Valerie lol
                            miracle max's witch wife
                            I figured I was going to get her, too, but I got Westley!

"You are Westley. Valiant, handsome and a great believer in the power of true love. You learn quickly, recover quickly and think quickly. Others marvel at your brilliance and wish they were you!"

Who, me?
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Book is much darker, which I personally think makes it better.

And I got Valerie!

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                                And I got Valerie!
                                I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!

Ever since I posted this, I've randomly had her voice pop into my head saying "Humperdink Humperdink Humperdink!!!!"
                                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                                X