Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This simply does not surprise me anymore...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Cazzi View Post
    I love cheese (think I may have mentioned that a time or 2) but that looks awful!
    I agree. Some of the TIWYF contributions make me wretch just looking at them, specifically the ones that combine meat with chocolate
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I hate that site, I have always gotten the impression that it is people that deliberately set out to make the over the top foods, instead of something that evolved on a menu. Sort of the Funniest Home [staged] Video programs ... I though it was hysterically funny that people were staging videos to get on the show, instead of just randomly caught serendipity shots.

You couldn't pay me enough to actually taste most of the crap on that site.

Yes, there is a way you could make a palatable 15 cheese grilled cheese sandwich, it would involve maybe 1 gram of each kind of cheese ... and would probably taste horrid.

[and do keep in mind I love a good grilled cheese sandwich, paired with cream of tomato soup, the american childhood classic of the 60s and 70s. it is my ultimate comfort food treat on nasty snowy bad days]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Some weird foods I can think of off the top of my head (will find articles/links when I can)

-The "Bunless chicken sandwich". This was from KFC down here and consisted of two pieces of KFC chicken plus all the trimmings. Apparaently it had more calories than a burger with the bun.
        -A $450 soup that takes about three days to make and is meant to feed a family of 6-8 (this one's purely local). The reason behind it is the rare ingredients, one of which is unfortunately, shark fin.
        -A burger the size of a truck tire (I think it's been mentioned before)
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          -A burger the size of a truck tire (I think it's been mentioned before)
          I saw a thing a while back on a guy trying to eat one of those. It had something like an entire head of lettuce, a pound of cheese, a few tomatoes... and I forget how much the meat itself weighed. The show also consulted a doctor who said eating the whole thing could conceivably kill the guy. I forget if he actually succeeded but it was disgusting to watch.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          [and do keep in mind I love a good grilled cheese sandwich, paired with cream of tomato soup, the american childhood classic of the 60s and 70s. it is my ultimate comfort food treat on nasty snowy bad days]
          My cousin had grilled cheese and tomato soup at his wedding (during the cocktail hour). They had trays of sandwiches cut into triangles and little cups of soup (almost like shot glasses). It was his wife's idea and went over really well (I don't like tomato soup but I had a few grilled cheeses).
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ok, that grilled cheese is gross...but the chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake...I want to push that into my face so badly....*whimper*
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

*clutches chest* I..I think I may have just had a heart attack. That picture needs a warning label.
              Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

...served with fried and slaw.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  I hate that site, I have always gotten the impression that it is people that deliberately set out to make the over the top foods, instead of something that evolved on a menu. Sort of the Funniest Home [staged] Video programs ... I though it was hysterically funny that people were staging videos to get on the show, instead of just randomly caught serendipity shots.
                  I remember one that was staged. They showed a old guy on a ladder near a open basement door. He fell into the open basement door. A giant water splashed. Yep. He flooded his basement.

Seriously. Why flood the basement. Or better yet, why be on a ladder right next to a open door basement while reaching out far over it for something tiny or nonexistence.
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

*Eyes the grilled cheese*

.....add bacon and pass a fork. I'm diving in.

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                    -The "Bunless chicken sandwich". This was from KFC down here and consisted of two pieces of KFC chicken plus all the trimmings. Apparaently it had more calories than a burger with the bun.
                    I've been meaning to try that (Oh, I'm sure you can guess why), but it has pepperjack cheese on it and I don't like pepperjack cheese. :\

Dammit, I already ate a load of protein* now I'm hungry again.

* 5 hotdogs, 1 cup of our chilidog sauce and about 3/4 cup shredded cheese. Sans buns. Because buns just bulk ya up and I had leftover 'dogs today. Next time I'll take a picture.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

*cooks up proportional amount of bacon* You want the bacon on it or as a side?
                      Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

On it, please. Cheesy bacon is nomable.

Comment

OK, this one is pretty cool.

Spaghetti and Meatball Cake
                          Chocolate cake covered in spaghetti icing, with Ferrero Roche meatballs smothered with raspberry sauce.

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                          Seriously. Why flood the basement. Or better yet, why be on a ladder right next to a open door basement while reaching out far over it for something tiny or nonexistence.
                          Maybe it was already flooded so they just decided to take advantage of it.

Comment

That cake look pretty awesome. I wonder if EQ and I can recreate it.

*Plots*

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                              That cake look pretty awesome. I wonder if EQ and I can recreate it.

*Plots*
                              Shouldn't be too difficult...just gotta get the right consistency for the icing ....

I think I'd try something like chocolate covered cherries for the "meatballs"..

Comment

Agreed. Especially since both EQ and I absoluteky hate Ferrero Roche. Some people must like them, so more for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X