This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverdale is doomed...doomed

*Snicker*...Heres something I found that has all kinds of folks up in arms in the various places I've nozed around in that allow comments. It seems that the Archie comics universe is about to admit (and out) it's 1st gay character.

(CNN) -- Riverdale High School, the stomping ground of comic book legend Archie Andrews, will open its doors to its first openly gay student.

Kevin Keller will be the new student to join Archie, Jughead, Veronica, Betty and Reggie, Archie Comics publications announced Thursday.

"The introduction of Kevin is just about keeping the world of Archie Comics current and inclusive. Archie's hometown of Riverdale has always been a safe world for everyone. It just makes sense to have an openly gay character in Archie comic books," said Jon Goldwater, Archie Comics co-CEO.

Kevin will make his entrance in the comic book in September.

Archie publishers provided a sneak peak of the the plot and a page of the comic book on its website.

The story begins when Kevin comes to Riverdale and promptly beats Jughead in a burger-eating contest. This gets the attention of Veronica who realizes that she is falling for Kevin.

"Mayhem and hilarity ensue as Kevin desperately attempts to let Veronica down easy and her flirtations only become increasingly persistent," Archie Comics said on its website.

Finally, Kevin confides in Jughead.

"It is nothing against her. I'm gay," the new character says.

__________________________________________________ _____

This will eventually go nowhere and slip back under the surface but it sure is fun to see the anti folks get so foaming at the mouth mad....

Here is a link to some other stuff that was unintentionally "dirty" from issues gone by...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/960943/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "See ya in the funny papers"-David Lee Roth

You mean it isn't Reggie? I always thought him kind of prissy.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I thought Archie's dad was being transferred out of Riverdale?

Comment

Belive it or not, I read Archie on a regular bases. My grandma loved itand would buy me issues. I was the only grandkid that would talk about it with her.

That being said, my fave was still when Marvel's Punisher went into Riverdale to kill Archie. (lookalike).

In all honestly, Dilton is my fave, though I havent seen him in a while. That and Archie is one lucky sonoabitch.

Also: Betty is the best. Sorry.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I always thought Jughead was gay.

He had no time for girls at all.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
            I always thought Jughead was gay.

He had no time for girls at all.
            OMG! That reminds me of a issue!

All the girls were sick of Jughead ignoring them. So they hired a super guy lover to make Jughead date girls. She spied on Jughead and learned of his great love for hamburgers. So she kidnap him and hypnotise him to equate this

HAMBURGERS = GIRLS.

He awakes, and the girls hold their breath in hopes that Jughead dates one of them. He infact screams and runs away. The girls sigh, and declare that Jughead is just too strong willed to date girls.

Jughead races to Pop's, and Reggie see's him haggard. He asks whats wrong, and Jughead just says he was kidnapped by a bunch of a girls and he dying for a hamburger. He picks up the hamburger, and looks at it dreamly. He says
            "Ahh Hamburgers... they remind of ... "

Jughead gets an image of a woman.

Jughead freaks out and runs off. Reggie tries to order lottery, and Pops is like why. "Because Jughead just turned down a freaking hamburger!!!"

Ironically, had they twisted it to
            GIRLS = HAMBURGERS, that would worked. But eh.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I remember that issue. That was so funny and your right they had it backwards.

Anyone remember Little Archie or the MOVIE they made?

Comment

I still love Archie comics. I remember renting some VHS videos a lifetime ago of Archie cartoons. My brother loved the "The Jughead walk" and "The Hamburger walk" clips.

Betty is my fav too, though I also love Sabrina.
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

In one issue I read...Jughead wasn't gay he just have a bad past with girls. He had a girlfriend before he came to Riverdale and was pulled away from her when he moved to Riverdale so he swore off girls awhile.
                  http://dragcave.net/image/utXO.gif

Comment

Has Archie married Veronica yet?
                    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Working...
                    X