This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to treat a departing employee

Yeah, i think this company is going to have trouble getting developers when this gets around.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/24/how...on-gracefully/
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

A lot of people seem to be criticizing the developer for resigning via e-mail. Is that really such a sin? The e-mail itself was very polite and he did offer two weeks notice.

The response was absolutely unprofessional. Dickish CEO is dickish.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It probably would have been better if he had informed the boss in person, but the email was very professionally written. If I were him, I'd have told the boss first, then sent the email to everyone. But the boss sounds like he's pissed the guy is leaving at all, so I'm not sure the response would have been much better.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Someone in the comments said that he'd spoken to his immediate supervisor, the email looks more like something he sent to the list to let everyone know that he was leaving, rather than something directly to the boss.
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
          Someone in the comments said that he'd spoken to his immediate supervisor, the email looks more like something he sent to the list to let everyone know that he was leaving, rather than something directly to the boss.
          Ah, OK. I didn't read the comments.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Meh, Calicanis is an ego trip in a human form anyway. He thinks that working for him is something that everyone should want and denies being told otherwise.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
            X