This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh deer; police killed bambi!

Yep, a deer in a garden and the Oakland police decided the way to deal with it was to shoot it 7 times while children and residents watched.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80980067/

This is right up there with the elderly woman who beat the fawn in her garden to death because "It looked like it was going to tear my throat out!"
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Why the heck were police called over a deer in a garden?

We have deer, possums, rats, rabbits, fox, etc etc come through our backyard and the area all the time. It's nature! Leave it alone and it'll leave you alone!

Comment

People are nature-ignorant.

Few years back, a few towns over from me (richer, yet still semi-woodsy), there were panicky calls about a MOUNTAIN LION in someone's backyard.

It was a bobcat. The man who owned said yard was delighted and videoing the bobcat for his kids. It was the neighbors who called, ha.

Poor deer....I hope they at least used the meat.
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

if you want to keep the deer out of your garden plant things like blue spruce or other prickly things.

they're deer-resistant cos the deer don't like eating prickly things.

but you know... i just read the other post about the attack-deer in Wisconsin

those lil cute creatures can do a lot of damage when you spook em.

Last edited by PepperElf; 05-05-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
          Why the heck were police called over a deer in a garden?
          A spooked deer can do a LOT of damage. To that end, animal control are usually second on site after the area is secured.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

yeah i was just thinking that...

cos i mentioned in the other deer-article how one of my navy instructors was trampled by one

his hatred of deer became legendary... and soo soo fun to tease him over.

Comment

Yeah, I understand that a spooked deer can do some scary things, but that's why you leave it alone and open all the gates that you can. I'd call animal control FIRST to get their opinion before bringing in the cops. Then again, the cops around my part are used to dealing with wild life and other animals--gators, deer, horses, etc. There was no need for those cops to shoot the deer.

Comment

I saw a show about a testosterone-pumped deer kicking the shit out of this one jogger. Deer are like small monkeys: They're cute and adorable but they're MUCH stronger than we are and WILL tear your ass up if they feel like it.

Comment

The boss had a moose in the yard a few weeks ago (1 acre on a mountainside).
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    if you want to keep the deer out of your garden plant things like blue spruce or other prickly things.

they're deer-resistant cos the deer don't like eating prickly things.
                    Tell that to someone who's had their rose bushes eaten - apparently, roses are like candy to deer.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X