Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entire Dog Lost, Delta offers $200 credit...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire Dog Lost, Delta offers $200 credit...

...for a future flight on Delta. Yea if they lost one of my dogs, I don't think I would use them either.

LINK

You can replace luggage, clothes and material things and that refund would be acceptable. But not when you lose somebody's pet and pets are irreplaceable. I definitely wouldn't use that airline again if that (god forbid) happened to me.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oh nonononooooo...... I don't think so. Either find my dog or after I successfully sue, my lawyer will put in a provision that you have to be my dog!
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

That is beyond disgusting and inexcusable - I fly alot, but now will refuse Delta 'services'

Comment

I'm completely and utterly not surprised.

Freight is never handled gently or carefully. Underpaid, overworked employees who don't care, and they will just toss those containers as far as they can, as its often times the only way to get the job done. If you don't package it securely its probably going to be smashed by the time you get it. Its also very common for things to simply be forgotten about.

I used to work in a warehouse with freight for a large corporation. Its how things are done.

Its also why I never, ever take any valuables (including animals) with me and allow the animal to leave my immediate control.

Its one thing if they lose my socks or pants. Those are easily replaced, but things that cannot be replaced never leave me. I carry them all the way myself, or I don't go.

Comment

Makes me glad that the only time we ever had to take a pet on a plane ride we were able to pay for the cat to be put under the seat rather than cargo.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
              Freight is never handled gently or carefully. Underpaid, overworked employees who don't care, and they will just toss those containers as far as they can, as its often times the only way to get the job done. If you don't package it securely its probably going to be smashed by the time you get it. Its also very common for things to simply be forgotten about.
              QFT

I can't find it now but there had been a video on youtube showing the guys loading the plane using mail as a baseball bat to hit other packages up to a guy in the plane. These guys were trusted to load the mail up into the plane, not play around with it. So most likely if anything was broken it's going to be all the USPS's fault.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                QFT

I can't find it now but there had been a video on youtube showing the guys loading the plane using mail as a baseball bat to hit other packages up to a guy in the plane. These guys were trusted to load the mail up into the plane, not play around with it. So most likely if anything was broken it's going to be all the USPS's fault.
                Its done all the time. It really is the only way to get the job done. You need to cut all sorts of corners to get the job done being that overworked and understaffed.

If it means some packages are damaged or destroyed, then they will be damaged or destroyed.

There's carelessness of course, but mostly its just simply not being able to get all the work done with angry bosses breathing down your neck. Package falls off the machinery and gets ground up in the gears? Oh well.

Comment

I understand it's done all the time but no it's not really the only way to get the job done.

Comment

I'll give any thread responder three guesses on the airline that made transporting my wife's friend's dog such a SNAFU - and the first two guesses won't count.

BTW - they have to at least offer to give the owner a refund on the flight and the full price of the dog.

A $200 flight voucher is an insult.

Edit: I just read the article - it was international, how do we know it wasn't customs (granted, I think Delta would have quickly blamed them if it was...)
                    Last edited by draggar; 05-09-2010, 02:35 AM.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

There's a slight update on the article but still no dog.

I suspect that Delta didn't want to deal with the dog after all the trouble he had with them and just let it escape.

I know when I flew back to get my cat so many years ago, I had trouble with the airline I was using (I forget which one it was now), but I sure as hell did not let her out of my sight. I had her in a Sherpa bag and she was a very good kitty on the flight. They made a fuss because she was meowing a little. Well of course she's going to meow. She's in a carrier when she'd rather be running around. After I gave her some kitty xanax, she was pretty mellow.
                      Random conversation:
                      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

God forbid if that dog was special in any way; an ADA dog or a Special Tacticle forces (bomb/drug sniffing) dog.

(Though recently I discovered such animals ride in the same section as the passengers, not with the luggage.)

I flew with Delta once. It was not a pleasent experiance.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

It wasn't one EQ, it was just a stray who got a very special second chance. Which I think makes this even sadder.

Comment

Working...
                          X