This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoX, Comic Books, and Altaholicism

So, as many of you know, I play City of Heroes/Villains as one of my primary diversions.

I also happen to be a comic book geek who only recently started reading Deadpool. I've been living under a rock as far as comics were concerned for the last several years and have only this year started up again.

These two things converged, and as a result, I've created yet another new character to play in CoX.

I give you: JeanPool (yes, it's supposed to be that cheesy)

She can't differentiate between reality and fantasy, thinks Deadpool is a real person and not a comic book character, and idolizes him to a disturbingly fanatical degree.

She's got the guns, has some martial arts training, and is working on the wise-cracks. Alas, there is no way to have guns and swords in CoX. She's yet to figure out how to develop a healing factor, but she's got a line on how to get herself cancer if she works it out. Oh, yeah, and she has the signature yellow text boxes.

Oh, yeah, and she's totally batsh!t insane.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

*giggles* You are awesome.

Comment

Did you design and draw this yourself! Awesome looking!
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I want the boots.....I have no idea where I would wear them. But to be perfectly honest I don't care I'd wear them walking dogs if given the chance.
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
          I want the boots.....I have no idea where I would wear them. But to be perfectly honest I don't care I'd wear them walking dogs if given the chance.
          They are pretty awesome, aren't they?

But can you imagine doing up all of those buckles every time you put them on?

Oh, here's another character I have with those boots. This one's another villain.

Technically, the boots are the only actual clothing she's wearing.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Awesome idea. I kind of miss CoX but I can only afford one MMO at the moment, and since D plays WoW, I keep that one going.

Quoth Exaspera View Post
            Did you design and draw this yourself! Awesome looking!
            The pictures are of a character in an online MMO called City of Heroes/Villains. Created through the character creator. You can do some amazing things with it.

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Awesome boots!

And nice ass....

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                And nice ass....

That's kind of a given. Guy's aren't quite as nice... tho I do have one guy that wears a leather bodysuit.

^-.-^

Comment

Umm, looks really cool and all, but I can see it being Generic'ed (in other words, the name changed to Genericxxxxx, and the character gets put through the randomizer.)

It's very close to the deadpool character and first complaint they get about it it's gone, considering their legal spat with Marvel.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I've seen well-played 50s that are more accurate (and serious) rip-offs of major comic characters, so I'm not too worried.

But if it happens, it happens. Most of the joy was in creating the character in the first place, and some of the comments that have flown with the crew I hang with have been comedy gold.

[edit to add]

One member of that same crew makes characters that are just over the line of crude and has had at least half a dozen Generic'd. He considers it some sort of achievement. Of course, he has a few that we figure have only survived this far because nobody has quite realized what the names mean.

Oh, and I made one in that same spirit... I didn't actually play him much, though. Here's a pic:

^-.-^
                    Last edited by Andara Bledin; 05-08-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I love you.

Deadpool is awesome, and Jeanpool! XD Gotta love those yellow boxes.
                      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I ended up hanging with a close friend in the game, and after a bit we landed in Pocket D (a cross-game club/bar where most of the RP happens) for some RP with someone the friend knew.

For various reasons, it became apparent that I really needed a new costume that didn't cover her mouth completely, since I'd already established at some point that her regular costume is a total b!tch to wrestle in and out of.

So, now Jean has herself a look for when she's not on a contract:

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                        X