X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apartment ratings

http://www.apartmentratings.com

I've been checking this out. Pretty cool... you can read testimonies from other former & current residents, overall rating in % etc.

I've posted 2 reviews so for for the apartments i've lived in.
    I dropped my old apartment from a 42 down to 39. Seriously I hated that place.
    But the current one that I love, I raised from 42 to 57.

Mom & Dad's current apartment doesn't surprise me - 90%

Their old apartment had a rating of 39 - with comments about drug dealing residents and prostitutes.

(not really surprised bout that, the drugs were one of the reasons why my parents left.)

anyway enjoy the link

Heh...there's a review on my complex that mentions squirrels in the attic. At least now I know it's not my imagination. I hear something scrabbling around up there every now and then. (I don't have access to the attic, though; the cable guy had to get up there to run wires but otherwise I don't think there's anything up there. So I'm not too worried about them.)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The one I'm at has a 15% rating, but most of that seems to be because of comments regarding the woman who managed the rental office at the time the reviews were written. (although I will say that the few times I spoke to her, she was quite friendly and pleasant)

Comment

i love that site. i was just there today. it's so handy when i'm looking for apartments on the other side of the country.
        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
        ^_^

Comment

I wrote a review of my complex last year. I've never had a major problem at my place and any ones that came up were handles fast and easy.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

The rating on mine is 39%, which seems low to me. We've really only had one major problem (replacing the tub a few months after we moved in because it was leaking and forming a water spot on the neighbors' ceiling below us; this after we had had it re-caulked twice), and the few other problems we have had have been fixed promptly. I do find the office staff a bit rude but we haven't had to deal with them much, and mostly over the phone (since we're not here during the day). The maintenance staff I've dealt with have been great.

Comment

Huh. Only 13% satisfaction where I live. I've never experienced a bit of what they're complaining about, go figure!
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I looked up an apt complex I lived at like 10 years ago. it was bad when I left and seems to only have gotten worse esp the part where a poster states about the townhouses accross the street and the gangs and drugs and drivebys. yes it was like that 10 years ago but not quite as bad. and the management was just a bunch of idiots then and now.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I used to go there, but it seems that a lot of the posters find one thing wrong and immediately start ranting that the entire place sucks.

I rated my first apartment a few years ago: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...ts-223427.html
                  Last edited by Caveat Emptor; 05-25-2010, 09:57 AM.
                  Testing
                  "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

well there are some places with good ratings too

there's an apartment complex very close to my sister's house, specifically for seniors. Mom's already decided that should one of them pass away, the other will move there because it'll be a lot easier to be so close to sis's.

so she had me look it up...

100%

not bad

Comment

Nice site. My complex is there, but under the old name. I don't know when it changed, but the first post is from Dec of last year, mentions that. They only rate a 50%. I suspect that is from the previous ownership, as they didn't particularly do much more than they needed to.

The new ownership is big on taking care of problems quickly, much more so than the old owners did.

Eric the Grey
                      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

One thing to keep in mind about apartment rating sites is that the management of those apartments will get on and post positive ratings and management from other complexes will post negative ratings.

(Personally, I hate complexes, I'd rather live in a small duplex, 4-plex, or townhouse).
                        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I've noticed that a few of the comments in my old hometown looked like they were cut and pasted and applied to multiple complexes run by the the same management company. To be fair though, how many bad reviews are written by people that were evicted for non-payment of rent or breaking rules.
                          They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

that's a good point.

i think some liars have posted about mom's last apartment, claiming how good the management was.

yeah right.

i have a lot to post about that place, but i'll put it in sightings

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                              One thing to keep in mind about apartment rating sites is that the management of those apartments will get on and post positive ratings and management from other complexes will post negative ratings.

(Personally, I hate complexes, I'd rather live in a small duplex, 4-plex, or townhouse).
                              And people who do post decent reviews will be accused of working for them.

According to the bad reviews, apparently there is no recycling (they went to single-stream recycling and traded the several separate bins for a dumpster); there are rabid cats running around everywhere (and wild animals like raccoons and skunks and bunnies!) - there are 4 cats that hang out near my building because the doctor's office next door feeds them, but I've never seen them cause any trouble and I've never seen evidence of kittens, either, so hopefully they were trapped and spayed/neutered); and the whole place is riddled with crime and the police are here on a regular basis (last time I saw cops around here was a couple months ago when the fire alarm in my building shorted out after several days of heavy rain - the main control is in the basement and apparently the moisture set it off; the fire department and police responded as is standard).

I'd prefer not to live in an apartment complex, but for the moment that's where I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X