This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Rue McClanahan

Golden Girl's Blanche Devereaux has passed on to join Estelle Gettey who died 2008, and Be Arthur who died in 2009.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ion=cnn_latest

I rather liked her character.

SIDE NOTE: The creepy coincidence that each golden girl died a year apart is creepy. Does this mean Betty White is dying next year?
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

I just read about Rue...so sad. She was such a fine actress and she will be missed!

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post

SIDE NOTE: The creepy coincidence that each golden girl died a year apart is creepy. Does this mean Betty White is dying next year?
      I reallly hope not.

RIP Rue.

Comment

I just heard this on the television.

Rest in peace, Rue.

And the way she's going now, Betty White will outlive all of us.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

...and Rue Makes three...

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=64115

I'm kicking myself right now, because in my Dennis Hopper post I was tempted to predict that the third celebrity would die within a week...of course, no one will believe it now

Not to say that Rue McClanahan's death wasn't tragic, it's just...don't you hate it when you miss a moment to say what you were thinking, only to realize later that it would have been perfect timing and made you look awesome??

Anyway, I was (and still am) a huge fan of the Golden Girls and I am sorry to see another one gone. They were the original "Sex and the City." I myself am a "Dorothy."

It's too bad we didn't hear much from "the girls" after their show ended. I've been meaning to see Betty White on Saturday Night Live. I'm glad she did it and left another piece of her legacy for us to enjoy.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post

She better not!

I do believe it was Craig Ferguson who said not liking Betty White is like liking Al-Qaeda. Or something like that.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I just heard this this morning. It's really sad, and yes, very creepy that each year lately, one of them has died.

I'm pretty confident we'll keep Betty White around for at least another couple of years. That woman is a machine of youth and energy that can outlast the test of time.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

As deaths go, a sudden, massive, life-ending stroke isn't so bad.

But all I can think of is the way they killed her off on Mama's Family.

"Natural causes"
                Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                X