X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Power laces! Alright!"

Nike patents plan for self-lacing shoes

Nike has filed a patent for a self-lacing shoe that resembles the sneakers from "Back to the Future 2" so closely, one has to wonder whether or not this is a hoax.
    Edited for accuracy.

On the other hand, it would be pretty cool if BTTF 2 got something right. Now if only they can figure out a way to hover convert a DeLorean we'll be all set.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

sadly enough, i'm surprised someone didn't come out with these sooner. i mean...people are lazy. i actually know someone that wears velcro shoes, not because they have trouble tying laces or bending over or whatever other valid reason there might be...but because they are too lazy to actually tie shoes. that's his exact reasoning, too.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

I see these things being real popular with the TSA...hmmm, wires and a battery in a shoe?
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

It's not surprising that they'd use BTTF as a model. After all, it's already in the pop-culture awareness. My question is can this be considered prior art, and invalidate the patent . (I also don't see the point. Why not just use the elastic curly laces?)

Comment

What I really wanna know is, what happens when the batteries die?

Comment

They go to electronic heaven.

Rapscallion

Comment

Because velcro just isn't fancy enough.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                sadly enough, i'm surprised someone didn't come out with these sooner. i mean...people are lazy. i actually know someone that wears velcro shoes, not because they have trouble tying laces or bending over or whatever other valid reason there might be...but because they are too lazy to actually tie shoes. that's his exact reasoning, too.
                You could always go with loafers. Or cowboy boots... like I wear

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                I see these things being real popular with the TSA...hmmm, wires and a battery in a shoe?
                That is the first thing I thought of.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I actually like them! Im sure my son would. Hes 10 and abhors shoe tying for some reason?

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                    I know someone who wears velcro shoes because those are the only sneakers he can find in his size. He's a size 15. WTF?
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

You need these: http://www.shopdragonsden.com/product.php?id=66
                      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Well, these shoes have now been made and they're auctioning off 1500 pairs to benefit the MJF Foundation.

http://www.bttf.com/nike-to-auction-...foundation.php
                        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I wanna see a Hover Board....lol.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                            He's a size 15. WTF?
                            So? He has great understanding, then.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

If they were smart they'd build small piezo electric generators into the shoes so that you recharge them as you walk. No dead batteries in your shoes then.

Comment

Working...
                              X