Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article on 10 average-salary jobs in the U.S.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article on 10 average-salary jobs in the U.S.

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Article...ome1&GT1=23000
    Average salary in the U.S.-- and 10 jobs that have them!
    Is it just me, or do only a few stand out to me as "hey! customers!"
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Yahoo! runs these kind of articles about once a week. I think theyre to give hope to a failing economy or people without jobs...giving them ideas to get back to school and etc.

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_714882.html
      ... this made my eyebrows go a bit Vulcan. It says in the article that "... only optimism creates growth." ... Granted, economics has a bit more to do with psychology than most would suspect; and Buffet is amazing-genius-guy... but still.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_714882.html
        ... this made my eyebrows go a bit Vulcan. It says in the article that "... only optimism creates growth." ... Granted, economics has a bit more to do with psychology than most would suspect; and Buffet is amazing-genius-guy... but still.
        The economy, and money itself, is an article of faith. It exists purely on faith.

Money only has any value because people believe it has value. Money itself has no intrinsic value. Similarly, the economy will only grow because people believe it will grow.

Economics is just a self fullfilling prophecy. I think that if the media hadn't made such a huge fuss about the banking problems investors would not have panicked, and there would be no recession. Just a few companies with some bad quarterly results.

If people think the economy will suck it will suck. If people think the economy will grow then it will grow.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
          The economy, and money itself, is an article of faith. It exists purely on faith.
          (snip)
          *prevaricates* eh... nm... yeah... I just usually don't think of it in that way-- and most people don't either. ... Must be my pessimism showing through that I didn't think of it like that. :|

Comment

Reporters and correspondents

Annual salary: $43,270

I call BS on this one. Most reporters don't make anywhere near that even with a decent bit of experience under their belt.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Most don't make near that, yes. But the ones who make three or four times that (or more) are skewing the average. They just added up how much all reporters make, and then divided by the number of reporters.

Comment

Working...
              X