Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radical Pessimist's Guide to the next 10 years (warning, depressing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radical Pessimist's Guide to the next 10 years (warning, depressing)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...articlecontent
    You know what? This is fucking exactly what I've been thinking about in my depressive downswings the last few months-- or I've been thinking of worse.
    And you know what?
    I'm not afraid of this article, not of what it says.
    I'm happy I'm a student of history-- because I see what's under this.
    I've read stories like Nueromancer, I've played ShadowRun (tres awesome, recommend it strongly-- break out the d6's!)-- even some end-of-the-world/post-end-of-the-world stuff.
    And there's a big difference between the two, history and what people imagine in media.
    Or at least a very important one, to me.
    The only thing that bothers me is the idea of limited availability of oranges and fish in my area.
    (EDIT: and stuff like the criminalization of society and the parts about societal focus on shopping as a pass time...)
    This stuff stinks to think about, but as long as we all take steps to mitigate, if not outright fix or avoid some of these things, it might not be so very bad. After all, more interconnectedness would, in theory, mean less large-scale war... right?

This is why I've been practicing living in the moment-- and researching for the vote in my state on the 2nd of November.
    Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 10-11-2010, 02:19 AM.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Discussions about societal woes are Fratching terrotory.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
    X