Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Mackinoly! I thought I lived in a sleepy little town!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Mackinoly! I thought I lived in a sleepy little town!

However, 5 members of the Westboro Baptist Church think we're in need of them protesting stuff here

Please, don't make this about religion. I ... just ... I'm in shock that they'd come to my town.

Now, do I get bragging rights or a sort of booby prize?

I was surprised that I didn't hear about them at the Stewart / Colbert rally. I guess they were scared off by the numbers.
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
      I was surprised that I didn't hear about them at the Stewart / Colbert rally. I guess they were scared off by the numbers.
      That's cause WBC is nothing but a bunch of cowards.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

From what I understand, 200 or so protesters, protesting the WBC showed up at the high school. Then when they were going to protest the Coast Guard recruiting place (that was shot at a few weeks ago), they stayed for like 5 minutes before completely disappearing from the area! Not sure why they didn't stay too long, but maybe the show of force of the others protesting them scared them?

Comment

Here's a little something that might make you feel better.

I love this part:
          To make matters worse, as their minivan slowly hobbled away on two flat tires, with a McAlester police car following behind, the protesters were unable to find anyone in town who would repair their vehicle, according to police.
          Last edited by Frantic Freddie; 11-16-2010, 10:27 PM.
          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Who the hell pickets the Coast Guard? Seriously?
            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Coast Guard is part of the military. And that recruiting place was in the news recently due to it being shot at by person or persons unknown. The cops/FBI/whomever else involved think it's the same person/people who shot at a few other military places a little further south.

And as it's been reported, WBC likes to protest against anything military. I'm surprised they didn't go to Potomac Mills Mall itself and set up a protest in front of the Army/Navy/Marine/Air Force recruitment site.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                [COLOR="Purple"]
                And as it's been reported, WBC likes to protest against anything.
                Fixed for accuracy because WBC is nothing but a bunch of attention whores.
                ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                  Now, do I get bragging rights or a sort of booby prize?
                  Nah. If you have to live in the same town as they do, and see them standing with their signs on random street corners, then you can brag.

I'm always so tempted to get me a paintball gun . . . OOOH, or maybe a drive-by silly-string attack?

Although the thing that seems to get them riled the best is to stand on the opposite corner and point, whisper behind your hand to your companions, and laugh. No, of course I don't know this from experience.

Yeah, what a bunch of losers.

Comment

I imagine WBC came to your town because of the shooting. They went to Blacksburg (itty bitty town) for the anniversary of Virginia Tech. They seem to go to places that have been in the news in order to boost their profile.

Comment

OoO! Is that it? Wow. Town gets on news because of shootings and then the WBC show up. What's next? The Pope? Prince William and Kate Middleton? I vote for the cast of Criminal Minds mainly because the show is based in Quantico, VA and the pilot episode shows "Dumfries, VA" (but I don't remember it being that backwoods-y) and then there's the episode where they're at Potomac Mills Mall and it's a two-story mall in the show (it's not a two-story mall in real life).

Comment

I'm still wondering why they were protesting at the school. I love the support people show in order to protect the innocent from these nutcases.
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                          I imagine WBC came to your town because of the shooting. They went to Blacksburg (itty bitty town) for the anniversary of Virginia Tech. They seem to go to places that have been in the news in order to boost their profile.
                          Yup. When Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois suffered a campus shooting in 2008 (about 8 students were killed, I believe), those assholes had the gall to show up with their little hatefestival. Fortunately quite a few people turned out en masse to counteract them (I'm told that there were only maybe about 5 - 7 WBCrapheads, whereas the support crowd numbered easily in the dozens). If I'da had a working car at the time, I'd have driven up there myself to join the support crowd.
                          ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

LilFilly - From what I heard, they chose Woodbridge Senior High School because it the first high school they came across? I have no clue. They wanted to make sure the "young people" knew their message. BTW, I am a 1990 graduate from that high school.

Yes, I am old.

Comment

Working...
                            X