This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Spill closes station

The is a story in our local paper this morning that could have come from the pages of this site.

The short version of it is - driver spills about 60 litres of diesel fuel on the forecourt of the station and drives off without informing staff. I suppose he didn't pay for it either. The station is then closed off with witches' hats and a police car is used to block the spill area.

Despite this motorists still attempt to enter the station.

The article says this was caught on camera. I hope this is taken seriously enough that the police track down the idiot driver who is then arrested, charged and fined!

Comment

Sixty litres is a lot of fuel. There's no way he could have not noticed it.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
        A couple litres of a different kind of liquid could have helped him in that regard. Don't drink and pump, folks!

Comment

Drunk in charge of a commercial vehicle is even worse...

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
            Approx 15 US gallons. No way a normal person could not have noticed 15 gallons of split fuel.

Comment

Yep, hope he's caught. Douche.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                Approx 15 US gallons. No way a normal person could not have noticed 15 gallons of split fuel.
                ya wanna make a bet????

when I worked at the gas station during the winter some guy got back into his car while fueling. the auto-shut off did not work properly and the pump continued to dispense fuel -- to the tune of 10 gallons or so. the guy tried to go SC on us by refusing to pay for what was spilled. he got shot down VERY quickly when the cops showed up and declared the scene a haz-mat situation. Fire protection showed up shortly there after so the spill would nto get into the townships sewer system on our property.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                X