Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Silent Lunches"?!? What the Frick Frack?!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth lordlundar View Post
    One of the schools where I live banned a particular recess activity. What activity you ask?

Tag.

Yup you heard right, tag. Apparently the school thinks that it leads to violent behavior by anyone that plays it.

You know it's bad when the school board superintendent thinks it's a stupid idea.
    Funny how they don't let kids play, and just be kids in general, and then later complain that kids are getting fat.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      Funny how they don't let kids play, and just be kids in general, and then later complain that kids are getting fat.
      +1 Gona save that one for later.
      "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Hell, when we were in school, me adnd the boys played Kill The Guy With The Ball. It didn't have to be a ball. It could be a frisbee, a hat, a wad of foil, a rock, whatever. We passed it back and forth, and tried to hold on to it as long as we could, while everyone else tried to take it using any means that came to mind, include braining, tackling, tickling, dogpiling, etc. We beat the ever-loving shit out of each other and LOVED doing it because let's face it, it's more fun when it hurts! If my nephew or nieces come whining to me about getting hurt, they're gonna get popped in the back of the head and sent back out to play. With pinecones.
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

At my elementary school we had a sound activated traffic light. If everything was OK it was green. If things started to get too loud it would turn yellow. Then we had 30 seconds to get it back to green, or the teachers would start holding people in for recess. If it got really bad and went red the whole class had to stay in for recess with their heads down on the desks.
          you didnt go to longfellow elementary in salida did you?

Comment

Nope, little town in Connecticut.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Ree, I love it. I'm only 23, but I still feel that applies to my childhood, for the most part.

On our elementary school playground, we played jump off the 1 story high slide platform as a form of chicken, we had "monkey bar fights," and more. Hell, I got into my first fist fight at age 6, with a neighbor boy. I've had more skinned knees, jammed fingers and bee stings than I can count, and I'm still alive. I think part of being a kid is injuring yourself. I'm clumsy as heck, and I made it out alive---and I was a figure skater! Blades, Ice, jumping, and all.

And seriously, I would have been in SO much trouble if I had gone to a school like that. Even at 23, I have trouble being quiet for very long.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
              X