Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Cosmo: Thank you for teaching your self-entitled readership how to be ..........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Cosmo: Thank you for teaching your self-entitled readership how to be ..........

.......an even bigger pain in my ass. Sincerely, a Retail Cashier.

Yiz
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Oh! you should do the same with things they don't sell! I WANT TO RETURN THIS BLU-RAY PLAYER!!

But we're a grocery store!

I DON'T CARE - DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY WE SPEND HERE???
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Y'know, I personally wouldn't be looking for consumer advocacy in a magazine aimed at getting you screwed so often you end up flat as an all-beef patty.

But unfortunately there seems to be enough people who are.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'd like to add a rider to that; anyone who tries that shit where I work ends up talking to my awesome manager, who will send them packing sans refund.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          But unfortunately there seems to be enough people who are.
          Sadly, yes. "One-stop-shopping", if you will...some people are too lazy to find information on XYZ from a source other than what's in front of their face (and too entitled to think that maybe it could be wrong).

I could probably start calling myself a "consumer advocate" and SCs would stand on their heads in the middle of the mall if they were "told" it would get them free stuff (a free psych eval maybe).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Dont try that shit with my manager Mary (name changed for my protection)she is a HARD ASS!!!! She has sent so many customers out the door. Like the woman in starbucks that screamed and yelled cause she wanted hot water put in her glass coffee mug. Our hot water is 120*. She got as we call it a Mary smackdown..:roll

Comment

Most places, regular cashiers can't do returns; and someone who is a "rookie" at being able to do returns is probably more likely to follow the rules more closely, until they learn what exceptions they can make without bringing in a manager (I know I did when I first got my supervisor codes). I doubt a rookie is less likely to ask for a receipt.

And yelling at people in an attempt to embarrass the cashier just makes you look like an ass.
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-12-2011, 08:07 PM.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

If it weren't for the fact that some "lowly" phone or Internet Customer Service Rep at Cosmo would be taking the brunt of such an action, I'd like to see mass amounts of Customer Service Employees, and their sympathizers, that have Cosmo subscriptions, be equally vocal in cancelling them.

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                  If it weren't for the fact that some "lowly" phone or Internet Customer Service Rep at Cosmo would be taking the brunt of such an action, I'd like to see mass amounts of Customer Service Employees, and their sympathizers, that have Cosmo subscriptions, be equally vocal in cancelling them.

Mike
                  and demand a refund with no receipt.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I do like reading Cosmo [mostly for the amusement factor ], but that bugs me. A lot. Being a sucky-ass bitch and deliberately trying to scam stores is fucked up. Even if you DID buy it from them--sure, you can try and return it, but if they still say no, don't kick up a fuss about it.
                    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I am painfully tempted to go out and buy a Cosmo...

...and then use that exact method on Cosmo's customer service line.

Love, Who?

Comment

Classy.

Not to mention: If the person is new and accepts the return because they don't know any better, well - it's fine if they get written up or fired, I guess.

After all, it's more important that you got your fucking $4.95 back, even if it means throwing some poor retail slave under the bus.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Comment

Heh, that comment thing sounds about right.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X