This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spider Man Picture

Okay, so the biggest complaint about Spider Man 3 was "Emo Spidey." How this was a bigger gripe than Venom only getting like, 12 minutes of screen time is beyond me, but whatever.

Feast your eyes upon the first picture of the NEW and IMPROVED Spider Man who is so awesome they had to reboot the franchise.

Emo Spidey V 2.0.

I'm almost afraid to look this actor up and see if he's ever been on any shows on The CW. Just look at him, all mopey and stuff. It's just so tragically tragic I could cry tears of blood and go listen to My Chemical Romance.

I love how they try to say that the costume is more "real" and there's no way a high schooler could have made the first costume. Yeah, cause this one is way more simple.

Pfft.

I'm trying to reserve judgment on this thing, but the more I find out about the new movie, the more I come closer to outright hating it. Sony wanted to cash in on the success of Twilight and make a superhero high-school romance story (they stated this intention when the reboot was announced but I don't have a linky). So they basically don't even care if fans like it or not, because Spider Man fans are not the target audience. Teenage girls are where the money is.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Meh. I'm avoiding the new reboot on principle. The actor looks hot though. Like my bf, but skinnier.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I like it myself. And from what I read a somewhat love triangle can work, especally during his high school days as he was going through some girls, from Betty Brant to Gwen Stacy.

Someone made mention that it be a romance between Spidey, another girl, and a man who'll become Morbius during the movie. (The living vampire). Which causes a showdown when the vampire kidnaps the girl to force her to be his wife.

That COULD work, as it's been done somewhat already in the past comics and to a lesser extent, the animated series.

I'm reserving judgement myself. I'm a huge spiderman fan, and i like the new suit plus the fact he's going to have web shooters rather then organic web.

Does he look moopy? Yeah. But early comics did have Peter Parker often whining and bitching, while throwing jokes as Spidey man.

Much like Bruce Wayne is the mask Batman wears to hide his identy, the true character of Spider man isn't Spiderman, it's Peter Parker. Who tries to do the right thing, and often suffers for it.

BTW: He is a decent actor. He was good in both Lions for Lambs playing a genius, and Boy A. Haven't seen Imangarian of Dr. Whatever (Heath last role) nor Social Network, both of which he has parts in yet.
      Last edited by Plaidman; 01-16-2011, 07:32 AM.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

A whinier, bitchier Spiderman? No thank you, Tobey what's-his-face was bad enough.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I'm not liking the new suit at all. But I'll reserve judgement until I at least see a trailer. I really enjoyed the first two Spidey movies with Toby Maguire. The third, however, I like to pretend never happened.
          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
          X