This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texting While Walking Fail....

I'd hate to see what happens when she tries driving!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81268427/

"If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

You forgot to add G4's "Epic Fail" bumper to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-mEV...eature=related

Comment

She's now suing the security guards for laughing at her instead of assisting her: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-laughing.html

Comment

I wonder if she realizes now people KNOW it was her. You couldn't see her face in the video she could have denied it before. Now people have the ability to point and laugh as she walks by.
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

I say it serves the girl right - she wasn't watching where she was going b/c of that ever-loving cell phone.

And she thinks she can sue because of her failure to pay attention to her surroundings? That should get a good laugh in court when they play the video.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'm "just like dumbfounded"!

One of the image captions says "Moment she'll never live down"

Well, not now she won't!

I wonder how much she's asking for...

And what the hell does the last line about texting and driving have to do with anything? And why do we need to know what she was texting about (her friend wanted to know her and her husband's birthdays? This is so important that you are completely oblivious to everything around you?). It makes her sound even dumber.
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-21-2011, 11:33 PM.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The latest news today, is that she has a criminal history, including a pending case.

Amongst the items on her rap sheet, is ID theft.

So, I'm smelling scam from the get go on this fountain thing, similar to how a scammer will spill something on the grocery store floor, then "slip" in it, and sue.

http://www.examiner.com/technology-i...facing-her-own

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

Seriously? And did she not think this would also wind up in the news?

Good Morning America? Really?
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

How is any of that the malls fault. Not like the fountain moved into her path or anything. As for people laughing at her..heck I'd probably laugh also..even if it was me that fell in the water. Should somebody have checked on her, sure. The lawsuit is a joke.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'd laugh myself SILLY if the mall came up with something to countersue for, perhaps along the lines of screwing up their decorative fountain with her nasty skin oils.

My family had a pool growing up so I have something of an idea exactly how expensive it is to maintain any sort of water that has to be kept clean, clear, and nice smelling. Trust me folks, it's not cheap even if everything stays pretty close to where it should be! And of course only gets worse should there be pH problems or something. I'm sure they could present a nicely itemized and VERY PAINFUL bill over what it took to keep their fountain clean after this...
                    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

To clarify, she is NOT suing the mall because she fell in the fountain.
                      She is suing because she feels security did not act professionally.

The security employees released the CCTV security camera footage on youtube, and the security people can be clearly heard mocking her and laughing in the background of the video. Her issue is that they obviously saw her fall, and she claims she was calling for help,yet they all just sat there laughing and replaying the video over and over, and then released the video so the rest of the world could laugh too. None of them came to see if she was hurt except one guy from housekeeping who happened to be standing nearby.

She seemed a bit dazed and was wandering around, but the security people obviously just sat and laughed about it.

That's what she is angry about.

Discussing whether her lawsuit has merit or not is for fratching, though.

I just had been reading all these comments from people who seemed to think her whole lawsuit lay in the fact that she fell in the fountain due to her own carelessness and then was trying to sue because she fell in.
                      That's not the case.
                      Last edited by Ree; 01-22-2011, 11:55 AM.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

well one of the security guards was fired
                        however i'm not sure what kind of assistance she was demanding.. i mean by the time they could even dispatch a guard, she would have already gotten herself out of the water. so there's not much the guard could do except... what, find her some paper towels from the bathroom?

i think she was just mad that they laughed at her.

Comment

Working...
                        X