This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undercover Boss - Reality TV

I'm almost certain someone must have seen this and posted it before me, but I wasn't able to find it.

I was browsing Netflix Instant Watch and found season 1 of a show called Undercover Boss where the high up's of large companies go under cover for a week and each day work a different entry level position in their company. I just finished watching the first episode where the President of Waste Management went under cover (and was even fired one day!) and through all of it learned a lot about how decisions he made as President and COO have affected and are frustrating the front line employees. One woman even got a rather sizable promotion and raise because of how hard she was working.

It's on CBS and CBS.com as well as Netflix Instant Watch and while I don't normally watch reality shows, this one intrigued me. I'm going to watch the Hooters episode next (I was a Hooters girl for about 3 months and quit after the Manager made a comment about me being the "token ugly girl").
    Last edited by Ree; 01-16-2011, 10:09 PM. Reason: Added a link

It's an interesting series but I have a feeling it's not as unplanned as they make it seem.

Waste management was a good one, Hooters is OK. One of the best ones was with one of the high up execs for this company that drives shuttles around airports, window cleaning, janitorial, etc.. I forgot which company but it was great.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I saw the one with seven eleven ceo. He couldn't even do the work most of the time, and was in shock of both his workers tenencious and the crap the customers slang.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

draggar, that was ABM (American Building Maintenance), CEO, and the shuttle was operated by its Ampco/System Parking division.

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Yes, that was it but they didn't mention Ampco, just ABM.

It was one of the better episodes (even without all the 9/11 references it would have been good).

Hooters was OK - I was disappointed how one of the managers was treated afterwards. (I"m sure people will tell which one when they watch the episode).

The show is OK but I think a lot of it is planned. You usually have one worker with some disability that could interfere with their job, you have an over-worked parent who rarely sees their family, you have someone with some talents that could be utilized but aren't, you have someone who would apparently do a lot better higher up on the chain, etc.

They have almost no complete-screw ups who just get their rears handed to them, extremely few over-oppressive managers, the employee who is always bad mouthing corporate for making them do their job, etc..
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Heh, I probably "heard" Ampco Parking during the ep, because I already knew that Division operates the shuttle!

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

The mayor of Cincinnati was just on there.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I've seen one where the CEO of an airline (I forgot which one..) did baggage,cleaned the potty of the plane and a few other jobs.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Besides, now adays I'm pretty sure alot of people are getting wise.

"Wait... yet another person doing a docmentory at work? Cameras following everywhere?...yeah, nothing fishy about that, even though it's just like that show..."

*gets home, google serach CEO of his job* Ahh, it is him.
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                    Besides, now adays I'm pretty sure alot of people are getting wise.

"Wait... yet another person doing a docmentory at work? Cameras following everywhere?...yeah, nothing fishy about that, even though it's just like that show..."

*gets home, google serach CEO of his job* Ahh, it is him.
                    They don't always do the CEO - some they can't since their face is plastered all over the place.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                    X