This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Loss Game

OK, I'm not a gamer and I've never tried Weight Watchers, so this is unlikely to have ever crossed my mind, but it's a great way to think about it, especially if you're into gaming.

Weight Watchers is an RPG.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    OK, I'm not a gamer and I've never tried Weight Watchers, so this is unlikely to have ever crossed my mind, but it's a great way to think about it, especially if you're into gaming.

Weight Watchers is an RPG.
    I've read a couple of interesting articles about people using gaming technology and tropes in other aspects of daily life, like calculating the gas mileage of a hybrid vehicle. If dieting came with periodic "Achievement unlocked!" bonuses, I'd have weighed 173 pounds for the last year and a half...

Love, Who?

Comment

Build in your own "Achievement unlocked!" bonus...reach a goal and give yourself some kind of reward (new outfit, massage, etc.)

Comment

I'm on SparkPeople.com, which is free. You get points for doing different things and you unlock trophies and such. I'm doing their Bootcamp Challenge which will earn me a virtual trophy when I'm done. It's kind of fun.

I also reward myself for my own milestones. Right now I'm 4lbs away from a new handbag. It's sitting in my closet waiting for me to reach my goal so I can pull it out and start using it.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I've looked at SparkPeople in the past, and iradney just suggested it to me when I was talking about gyms in another thread...I'll have to check it out further.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            I've looked at SparkPeople in the past, and iradney just suggested it to me when I was talking about gyms in another thread...I'll have to check it out further.
            If you do sign up let them know that bhskittykatt referred you. I get more points towards trophies for referrals! Sparkly glittery virtual trophies...yes I am amused by simple things....
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              If you do sign up let them know that bhskittykatt referred you. I get more points towards trophies for referrals! Sparkly glittery virtual trophies...yes I am amused by simple things....
              Hehe, will do. (I can't remember if I actually signed up in the past or not; I don't think so.)

Comment

Working...
              X